Indian hockey team benefits from video referralsFebruary 27th, 2012 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) While the Indian cricket team continues with its anti-referral stance the men’s hockey team benefited from video reviewing in the 2012 London Olympic Qualifiers winning the final 8-1 against France here Sunday at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
The Indian hockey team benefited twice by successfully appealing against the umpire’s decision during Sunday’s final.
The video reviewing system was used only for the final day of the qualifiers at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium.
The Indian team scored its second goal in the 19th minute when forward Shivendra Singh appealed for a penalty corner claiming that he was pulled down by French defenders in the D.
The big screen at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium backed Shivendra’s claim and ace drag-flicker Sandeep Singh slammed it in.
The hosts found themselves at the receiving end of umpire’s decision when France earned a penalty corner after the ball hit the foot of an Indian defender in the 38th minute.
The Indian players appealed saying that the ball hit the shin guard and not the shoe. They were proved right again as France were denied a penalty corner.
- India thrash Poland 4-2, face France in final (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- India ride on Sandeep's brilliance to book London berth - Feb 26, 2012
- Olympic hockey qualifiers: Indian men, women in finals (Roundup) - Feb 25, 2012
- India's dragflickers grateful to Jugraj for improving penalty corner conversion rate - Feb 12, 2012
- Olympic qualifiers: Indian men's hockey team thrash France 6-2, women win 3-0 (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Hockey Olympic qualifier: Indian men close to reaching final; women in tight spot (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Dilip Tirkey's presence at camp is a boon: Sandeep Singh - Feb 07, 2012
- Olympic qualifiers: Indian men thrash Italy 8-1, women beat Canada 4-1 (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2012
- Women's hockey Olympic qualifier: Canada overcome resolute Poland - Feb 22, 2012
- Haryana pours cash on hockey hero Sandeep Singh - Feb 27, 2012
- India's men's and women's hockey teams chasing Olympic dream - Feb 17, 2012
- Men's hockey Olympic qualifier: Bronze for Canada - Feb 26, 2012
- Women's hockey Olympic qualifier: India beat Italy - Feb 24, 2012
- Raghunath confident of getting back into India team - Jun 18, 2011
- Hockey coach Nobbs gets a salary hike - Feb 27, 2012