Indian hockey federation dissolved, ad-hoc committee appointed (Lead)April 28th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) Monday dissolved the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) and in its place appointed a five-member ad hoc committee to run hockey in the country. Long-standing IHF chief K.P.S. Gill was sacked. Announcing the decisions here, IOA chief Suresh Kalmadi said the decision was unanimous and it was taken in the interest of Indian hockey though it was “painful” to remove K.P.S. Gill.
Kalmadi has been authorised to name the members of the ad hoc committee.
The emergency meeting of the IOA also named a five-member national selection committee headed by Aslam Sher Khan, a former MP. Ashok Kumar, Ajitpal Singh, Zafar Iqbal and Dhanraj Pillay will be the other selectors.
It was also decided to appoint Australian Ric Charlesworth as adviser to the ad hoc committee.
- IHF rejects IOA's three-member panel - Aug 30, 2012
- Gill turns down merger proposal with HI - Jun 24, 2011
- IOA sacks K P S Gill, dissolves IHF - Apr 28, 2008
- IOA forms Hockey India after FIH deadline - Jun 03, 2009
- Gill vows to fight back after High Court quashes IOC order - May 21, 2010
- KPS Gill holds AGM of superseded IHF - Apr 25, 2010
- Hockey India's committee discusses gradation of players - Feb 16, 2010
- Randhir out of hockey ad-hoc committee - Jan 20, 2009
- Aslam Sher Khan removed as chief selector, Ajitpal takes over - Jul 31, 2008
- Reinstated by court, Gill vows to be back in action - May 21, 2010
- Aslam Sher Khan lauds IOA's decision - Apr 28, 2008
- IHF appoints national selection panel - Jul 13, 2010
- Balbir, Govinda, Sait, Madhu and Sita new hockey selectors - Sep 16, 2009
- K.P.S. Gill to chair IHF meeting - Apr 25, 2010
- Maken gives HI, IHF a blueprint for merger - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: adviser, ashok kumar, decisions, dhanraj pillay, hoc committee, ihf, indian hockey federation, indian olympic association, ioa, mp, national selection committee, New Delhi, ric charlesworth, selectors, sher khan, suresh, zafar iqbal