Indian golfers dominate Asian Tour’s Order of MeritFebruary 24th, 2008 - 8:04 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) Indian golfers continue dominating the earnings list as six of them were among the top 10 in the Asian Tour’s Order of Merit after the SAIL Open tournament that finished here Saturday. Indians have performed well in the last three tournaments in the Asian Tour and the SAIL Open was no different with Jyoti Randhawa finishing second and Gaganjeet Bhullhave tied fifth. Indian Masters champions Shiv Shankar Prasad Chowrasia missed the cut but continues to sit atop the Order of Merit list with $416,660.
Chowrasia is followed by Jeev Milkha Singh ($ 133,330) in the second place while another Indian Digvijay Singh (S$ 116,520) has dropped from third position to fourth. Randhawa is the fourth Indian as he moved up two places to the fifth spot with $86,133.
Gaurav Ghei ($73,640) is seventh and Arjun Atwal ($56,740) is ninth.
The Indian professionals have another great opportunity to consolidate their position on the Order of Merit when they take on the best in the world during $2.5 million Johnnie Walker Classic starting Thursday DLF Golf & Country Club.
- Indian golfers dominate Order of Merit ahead of Malaysian Open - Apr 13, 2011
- Chowrasia aiming for Indian Open, Merit crown - Oct 07, 2011
- Indian golfers hope to maintain success story at Panasonic Open - Mar 28, 2011
- Lahiri counts on meditation for more glory on Asian Tour - Feb 27, 2012
- Chowrasia leads, four Indians in top-5 of Asian Order of Merit - Feb 25, 2008
- Randhawa crosses $2mn landmark at Asian Tour Order - Feb 18, 2008
- Bhullar hoping for a turnaround at Selangor Masters - Jul 18, 2011
- Strong Indian line-up for DLF Masters Golf - Sep 15, 2010
- Strong Indian challenge at Hero Honda Indian Open - Dec 01, 2010
- Avantha Masters signals growing strength of Indian golf - Feb 05, 2010
- SAIL Open golf from March 30 - Mar 14, 2010
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Karlberg eyes unique hat-trick at SAIL Open - Mar 07, 2011
- Randhawa to make 200th Asian Tour appearance at Panasonic Open - Mar 14, 2012
- Rai reinforces India'S talent pool on Asian Tour - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: 5 million, arjun atwal, asian tour, digvijay singh, dlf golf, earnings, ghei, indian golfers, indian masters, indian professionals, indians, jeev milkha singh, johnnie walker classic, jyoti randhawa, masters champions, merit list, New Delhi, order of merit, prasad, third position