Indian girls finish fourth in World junior squashJuly 31st, 2011 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Boston, July 31 (IANS) Indian girls finished fourth after losing the play-off 1-2 to Hong Kong while Egypt overcame hosts United States 2-1 in the final to retain the title in the World junior team squash championships here Saturday.
Final - Egypt beat USA 2-1: Nouran El Torky bt Sabrina Sobhy 11-9, 11-3, 11-3 (20m); Nour El Tayeb lost to Amanda Sobhy 9-11, 11-6, 6-11, 9-11 (44m); Nour El Sherbini bt Olivia Blatchford 11-8, 11-3, 11-8 (29m).
3rd place play-off - Hong Kong China beat India 2-1: Choi Uen Shan bt Aparajitha Balamurukan 11-9, 11-9, 12-14, 11-8 (36m); Ka-Yi Lee lost to Anaka Alankamony 3-11, 6-11, 7-11 (20m); Ho Tze-Lok bt Saumya Karki 4-11, 11-5, 11-9, 9-11, 11-8 (46m).
- Dipika in semis; Anaka bows out - Jun 28, 2010
- Aparajitha, Anaka advance in women's junior squash - Jul 21, 2011
- Mahesh, Anaka in finals of Indian Open squash - Sep 09, 2011
- Kush upsets Alsaraj for junior squash title - Sep 10, 2011
- WSF Squash: India to meet Egypt in final - Feb 04, 2012
- Indian girls advance in world junior team squash - Jul 27, 2011
- Egypt too good for India in U-21 Squash World Cup - Feb 02, 2012
- India go down fighting to US in squash championship - Jul 30, 2011
- India off to good start in world team squash (Lead) - Aug 03, 2009
- Egypt beat India in squash World Cup final - Feb 05, 2012
- Ashita puts out second seed Akanksha in Indian Open squash - Sep 08, 2011
- Indian girls in semifinal of junior World Squash - Aug 06, 2009
- World junior women's squash: Hong Kong upset India - Aug 07, 2009
- India to face Canada in world junior squash quarters - Aug 05, 2009
- Hei survives a scare in Indian Open junior squash - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: blatchford, boston, egypt, hong kong china, hosts, India, indian girls, junior squash, ka yi, karki, lok, olivia, sabrina, saumya, shan, squash championships, tayeb, torky, united states, world junior team