Indian cricket team to don new ODI dressFebruary 18th, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 18 (IANS) On the eve of their departure to New Zealand, Indian cricket team got a new dress in a darker shade of blue for one-day internationals here Wednesday.
The Indian cricket board’s official kit sponsor Nike unveiled the new jersey here with Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan, Gautam Gambhir, Ishant Sharma and Rohit Sharma.
The new kit was developed after extensive research by designers and has been put through rigorous tests at the Nike Sports Research Laboratory.
“Nike’s new ODI kit, with its technology features and bolder colours, is testament to this change in this great sport in our country. We wish our teams’ greater success in the coming seasons,” said Indian cricket board secretary N. Srinivasan.
The current kit will be the team’s alternate dress.
- Indian cricket team gets new ODI kit - Sep 29, 2010
- New training gear for Indian cricket team - Jul 17, 2012
- Mithun replaces Praveen in Test squad for Australia tour - Dec 06, 2011
- World Cup: Selectors to pick 15-member Indian team Monday - Jan 14, 2011
- Toe injury rules Tendulkar out of ODI series - Sep 05, 2011
- Gambhir, Yuvraj ruled out from West Indies series - May 27, 2011
- Tendulkar, Harbhajan rested; Yuvraj recalled in ODI squad - Jul 31, 2010
- Lanka tri-series: Tendulkar, Gambhir Bhajji rested, Yuvraj recalled - Jul 31, 2010
- World Cup probables announced - Dec 18, 2010
- Gambhir named captain for West Indies ODI series - May 13, 2011
- Yuvraj included in World T20 preliminary squad - Jul 18, 2012
- Six changes in India squad for England, Sehwag to join later - Jul 02, 2011
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Indian cricket team leaves for West Indies - Jun 01, 2011
- Board's Grade A contract for Yuvraj, Ishant and Virat - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: board secretary, day internationals, extensive research, gautam gambhir, great sport, indian cricket board, indian cricket team, ishant sharma, kit sponsor, mahendra singh dhoni, new dress, nike sports, odi, rigorous tests, rohit sharma, shade of blue, sports research, technology features, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan