Indian cricket team sweats it out ahead of key series against PakistanNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:19 am ICT by admin
“The team had a full practice session. They wanted to have it in indoors but things looking bright, wicket is very good and the outfield is also good. So, they thought they will not do it indoors. They will practice again tomorrow and in the evening session,” said D. Kumar, spokesperson of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB).
The Pakistan team landed in Delhi on Thursday for the series. The visitors have won their only warm-up one-day match against the Delhi Ranji Trophy team by seven wickets on Friday.
Pakistan, which last won a Test series in India in 1986, is due to play five one-day internationals and three Tests.
The Pakistan team squad for the series include, Shoaib Malik (Captain) Younis Khan (Vice Captain), Abdur Rehman, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal (Wicket Keeper), Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Salman Butt Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Akhtar Sohail Tanvir , Umar Gul Yasir Hameed.
The teams have toured each other’s country annually since 2004 when India went on a tour of Pakistan after a 14-years. (ANI)
- Pakistan pick new faces for Zimbabwe tour - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- Akmal rejoicing return to Pakistan team - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan recall Shoaib Akhtar for Australia series - Apr 06, 2009
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- End of road looms for Misbah after axe from all three squads - Oct 23, 2009
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Malik axed from Pakistan's Asia Cup side; Jamshed, Sarfraz recalled - Mar 03, 2012
- Pakistan snubs ICL players for T20 World Cup - May 04, 2009
- Pakistan elect to bat against Sri Lanka - Feb 26, 2011
- Misbah dropped from New Zealand series - Oct 22, 2009
- Kiwi-Pak Test series just an entree for one-dayers - Jan 06, 2011
- Conditions in UAE will favour Pakistan: Misbah - Jan 08, 2012
- Kamran, Razzaq, Younus omitted from Pak squad for West Indies tour - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: abdur rehman, cricket association, d kumar, eden gardens, fawad, imran nazir, India, indian cricket team, kamran akmal, match, misbah, mohammad yousuf, pakistan team, ranji trophy, salman butt, shahid afridi, shoaib akhtar, shoaib malik, wicket keeper, yasir hameed