Indian, British MPs to play T20 matchApril 9th, 2012 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Dharamsala, April 9 (IANS) Ahead of the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2012 matches at the picturesque stadium here, the venue is all set to host a friendly match between Indian and British MPs April 13, a statement said here Monday.
“It’s a great day in the history of HPCA that we would be hosting the members of parliament for a match from the two countries who have a long history of the game,” Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association president Anurag Thakur said in a statement.
The Indian parliamentarians include Rajiv Pratap Rudy, Rajiv Shukla, Anurag Thakur, Kailash Singh Deo, Dushayant Singh, Kuldeep Singh Bishnoi, Mohammad Azharuddin and Kirti Azad.
HPCA officials said the stadium’s popularity had soared thanks to hosting five IPL matches in the past two seasons.
It’s being counted as the second home ground for the Kings XI Punjab team, which originally belongs to Mohali.
The stadium, 250 km from state capital Shimla, has a 20,600-seating capacity, besides separate practice areas, a club lounge, restaurant, bar and a banquet hall.
This IPL season, the HPCA stadium is hosting two matches — Kings XI Punjab vs Chennai Super Kings May 17 and Kings XI Punjab vs Delhi Daredevils May 19.
- Indian MPs beat British MPs in Twenty20 - Apr 13, 2012
- Himachal hopes success of IPL matches would bring international matches - May 13, 2011
- Height of cricket diplomacy: Indian, British MPs play ball - Apr 14, 2012
- Dharamsala to host international cricket matches - Jan 20, 2012
- Rain go away, IPL makes Himachal pray - May 11, 2011
- Himachal ready to hold IPL matches in Dharamsala - May 06, 2011
- Punjab thrash Super Kings by six wickets - May 17, 2012
- 1,200 cricket teams to vie for premier league in Himachal - Sep 01, 2010
- Dharamsala plans 'home stay' for IPL fans - May 16, 2012
- Dalai Lama to give Tuesday's IPL match in Dharamasala a miss - May 16, 2011
- Up there, Dharamsala waits to host IPL matches (With Image) - Apr 05, 2010
- Himachal spent Rs.2.36 crore on security for IPL matches - May 17, 2012
- Kings XI opt to field against Super Kings - May 17, 2012
- Super Kings to start IPL title defence against Mumbai Indians - Jan 06, 2012
- Cricket craze boosts hotel business in Himachal - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: anurag, association president, banquet hall, bishnoi, cricket association, daredevils, deo, friendly match, hpca, kailash, kirti azad, kuldeep singh, members of parliament, mohammad azharuddin, parliamentarians, practice areas, rajiv pratap, rajiv shukla, shimla, thakur