Indian boxers off to a good start in Asian meetJune 7th, 2009 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) Indian boxers made a strong start on the opening day of the Asian Elite Men’s boxing championships at Zhuhai, China.
Paramjit Samota (+91kg) advanced to the semifinals while Suranjoy Singh (51kg) and Dinesh Kumar (81 kg) reached the quarterfinals with comprehensive wins Sunday.
Paramjit defeated Davaalkhagva Iderbat of Mongolia 12-4 after a hard fought bout. He will take on Abdullaev Sardor of Uzbekistan in the semifinals.
Suranjoy outpunched Hong Kong’s Lam Tat Ming to set-up a quarterfinal meeting with Pak Jong Chol of North Korea. The Indian was leading 14-1 in the second round when referee stopped the contest (RSC).
Dinesh drubbed Batlouni Firas of Lebanon. The Indian led 10-2 in the first round when referee stopped the contest. Dinesh next faces Hsiao Huang Yi of Chinese Taipei in the quarter-finals.
- Three more Indian boxers enter semifinals of Asian meet - Jun 10, 2009
- Asian Games boxing: Paramjeet in semifinal, Chote Lal out - Nov 18, 2010
- Jitender, Bhagwan reach quarterfinals of Asian boxing - Jun 08, 2009
- Asian Games boxing: Krishan, Manpreet in semis - Nov 21, 2010
- Three Indian boxers in finals of Asian meet - Jun 12, 2009
- Asian Games boxing: Santhosh in semis, Amandeep out in quarters - Nov 22, 2010
- Asian Games boxing: Five Indians stay in gold hunt; bronze for four - Nov 24, 2010
- Manpreet in quarters of Olympic qualifying event - Apr 06, 2012
- Vijender stuns world champion in Asian boxing meet - Jun 09, 2009
- Asian Games boxing: Vijender and Suranjoy in semis; Amandeep in quarters - Nov 20, 2010
- Four Indians in sight of gold in Commonwealth Boxing - Mar 15, 2010
- Suranjoy, Sumit in second round of Asian Olympic qualifying event - Apr 06, 2012
- Asian Games boxing: Vikas, Dinesh in final; bronze for Suranjoy, Paramjeet (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- India sweep six gold medals in Commonwealth Boxing - Mar 17, 2010
- Vijender to spearhead India's CWG boxing challenge - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: boxing, chinese taipei, dinesh kumar, elite men, faces, firas, hong kong, huang yi, jong chol, kg, lebanon, mongolia, New Delhi, north korea, opening day, quarter finals, quarterfinals, referee, uzbekistan, zhuhai china