Indian boxer Vikas pulls out of finalNovember 28th, 2011 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 28 (IANS) Boxer Vikas Krishnan, the lone Indian boxer in the final, pulled out of the title clash in the 69kg category of the London Boxing International Invitational tournament Monday with a pain in left wrist.
The 2010 Asian games gold medallist had to settle for the silver after he forfeited the summit clash against Chinese Qiong Maimaitituersun, who won the bronze medal at the 2010 Asian Games
The 19-year-old Vikas sustained a blow to the left wrist while taking guard during the semi-final bout during the tournament, which was a test event for the London 2012 Games.
Vikas won a bronze medal at the World Championships recently and has booked his Olympic berth.
- Wrist injury forces Vikas to withdraw from Olympic test event final - Nov 28, 2011
- Vikas enters final of Olympic boxing test event, Dinesh claims bronze - Nov 27, 2011
- Shiva, Sangwan secure London Olympics berth (Roundup) - Apr 11, 2012
- Shiva Thapa youngest Indian boxer to qualify for Olympics (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Indian boxer Thapa in quarters of Olympic qualifiers - Apr 07, 2012
- World Boxing meet: Vikas lone Indian to reach semis - Oct 06, 2011
- President's Cup: Boxer Devendro loses final to settle for silver - May 07, 2012
- Shiva Thapa enters final at Czech boxing meet - Mar 24, 2012
- Monica and Pooja settle for bronze at China Open boxing - Jun 02, 2011
- Olympics: Wrestler Geeta, high jumper Sahana out (India Intro Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Boxers Shiva, Sangwan strike gold at Olympic qualifier - Apr 12, 2012
- Thapa in quarters, Suranjoy out of Olympic qualifiers (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Santosh wins gold in President's Cup - Jul 08, 2011
- Six Indian boxers assured of bronze at Cuban event - Jun 05, 2011
- Samota, Thapa win gold at Belgrade boxing event - Apr 24, 2011