Indian art, culture and cuisine on display in three-day Abu Dhabi festFebruary 19th, 2011 - 12:33 pm ICT by ANI
Abu Dhabi, Feb 19(ANI): A three-day cultural and entertainment event is being organized at Abu Dhabi’s Indian Social and Cultural Centre (ISC) to give a glimpse of Indian art, culture and cuisine to national and international tourists.
Indian Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), M.K. Lokesh, had inaugurated the festival on Thursday.
Popular Indian musical maestro Balabhaskar, and artists from various Indian organizations based in the UAE are taking part in the event.
ISC President M. Thomas Varghese said that it was the first time that the centre has organized such a major event portraying the cultural elements from various parts of India.
“The event also portrayed cultural programmes and cuisines of some other Asian countries such as Sri Lanka and Indonesia,” Gulf News quoted Varghese, as saying.
He also said that the ISC expects about 20,000 visitors to experience India’s diversity.
“The festival received good response from the people. We expect more than 20,000 visitors when the event ends on Saturday evening,” Varghese said. (ANI)
- Emirates Korean Film Festival begins - Apr 07, 2012
- UAE minister attends Indian church service - Mar 11, 2012
- Dubai based company begins Indian visa services - Apr 06, 2011
- India, UAE sign deal on customs cooperation - Apr 01, 2012
- UAE to take part in world police meet in Kerala - May 14, 2010
- UAE to hold defence expo - Feb 10, 2011
- Abu Dhabi arts and music festival opens - Apr 08, 2011
- UAE's date festival attracts thousands of visitors - Jul 23, 2010
- Emirati students promote Abu Dhabi in London - Nov 11, 2011
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- Patil accorded warm welcome in UAE, trade, energy security on her agenda - Nov 22, 2010
- UAE, Indonesia hold talks - May 16, 2012
- President has a busy day in UAE - Nov 23, 2010
- UAE eyes Indonesia, China trade expos - Oct 14, 2011
- Patil meets UAE president - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: abu dhabi, art culture and cuisine, asian countries, balabhaskar, cuisines, diversity, entertainment event, glimpse, gulf news, indian ambassador, indian art, indian organizations, international tourists, lokesh, m thomas, maestro, saturday evening, thomas varghese, uae, united arab emirates