Indian archers ranked 3rd for Olympic qualifierJune 20th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 20 (IANS) The Indian troika of Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee and Tarundeep Rai gave the country the third place in the London Olympics qualification round at Ogden, in the US.
According to information received here, Talukdar logged 653, Rai 644 and Banerjee 642 on a windy and cold morning when the mercury dipped to 14 degrees Celsius during the World Cup Stage III meet Tuesday.
Talukdar, Rai and Banerjee finished 14th, 34th and 35th, respectively, in the individual ranking for the World Cup.
Their combined score of 1939 gave India an overall seventh position in the World Cup and third in the Olympic qualifier. Chinese Taipei (1942) and Russia (1940) took the first two positions in the race for three Olympic berths.
India will take on Norway in the first round, with the winner meeting the victor of the Netherlands-Canada contest. One among Australia, Turkey, Romania and Russia will be India’s semifinals rival.
- Archery: Indian men a big let down on opening day (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Archer Tarundeep Rai to vie for World Cup bronze - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian archers off the mark at Lord's - Jul 27, 2012
- Archers, badminton players exude confidence at send-off - Jul 15, 2012
- Indian archery squad named for World Cups - Jul 13, 2011
- Last chance for archers to qualify for Olympics - Jun 12, 2012
- Olympics: India's archers primed for glory (Preview) - Jul 26, 2012
- World archery: Indian men finish 10th, meet China in round I - Jul 05, 2011
- Olympics: Deepika's show only silver lining for Indian archery (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- India's men archers qualify for London Olympics - Jun 22, 2012
- Olympic archery: Indian men crash out (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympic archery: Indian men bow out after tense finish (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2012
- Indian archers will target Olympic berth at World meet - Jun 30, 2011
- World Cup Stage I archery: Indians put up a modest show - May 04, 2011
- Olympic archery: Talukdar is another Indian casualty - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: 1940, archers, banerjee, celsius, chinese taipei, cold morning, kolkata, london olympics, mercury, norway, olympic berths, olympic qualifier, olympics, rai, ranked 3rd, romania, stage iii, talukdar, troika, world cup