India win Mohali cliff-hanger against AustraliaOctober 5th, 2010 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), Oct 5 (IANS) India pulled off a cliff-hanger against Australia, winning the first Test here by one wicket, with the fortunes of both sides swinging till the last run was scored on the fifth and final day’s play at the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) Stadium here.
Chasing 216 for a win, India’s ‘Mr Dependable’ V.V.S. Laxman delivered once again, despite a nagging back problem, scoring an unbeaten 73 to ensure his team came through the tense final moments of the match.
Laxman’s 81-run partnership with tailender Ishant Sharma (31) turned the match in India’s favour. This was Sharma’s highest score in Test cricket.
India go one-up in the two-Test series.
Brief scores: Australia 428 and 192. India 405 and 216 for 9.
- India win cliff hanger, lead Test series (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Australia sense victory, Indian camp 'tense' - Oct 04, 2010
- Mohali test: India bundle out Australia for 192, need 216 for win - Oct 04, 2010
- Chasing 216 for win, India 55 for 4 in Mohali test - Oct 04, 2010
- India need 161 to win Mohali Test - Oct 04, 2010
- Mohali Test: Australia struggling at 165 for six - Oct 04, 2010
- Laxman, Ishant help India snatch victory from defeat against Aussies in Mohali Test - Oct 05, 2010
- Laxman, India's crisis man (Profile) - Aug 18, 2012
- Mohali Test evenly poised as India lose plot - Oct 03, 2010
- Badrinath replaces Laxman in India Test squad - Aug 19, 2012
- Sehwag, 59, gives India strong start in Mohali Test - Oct 02, 2010
- Laxman declares international innings (Second lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- V.V.S. Laxman retires from international cricket - Aug 18, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs Australia, First Test, Day 4 - Dec 29, 2011
- Mohali Test: India 191 for 3 wickets at lunch - Oct 03, 2010
Tags: 192, australia, cliff hanger, cricket india, favour, first test, fortunes, highest score, ishant sharma, match, oct 5, partnership, pca stadium, punjab cricket association, test cricket, test series, wicket