India win 21 medals in Asian Youth ChessJuly 21st, 2008 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 21 (IANS) India bagged 21 medals, including half a dozen gold medals, in the Asian Youth Chess Championship which concluded in Tehran Monday. The Indian players also bagged five silver and 10 bronze medals in the meet, which saw 221 competitors from 15 countries taking part in the week-long event which began July 15.
A total of 36 medals were up for grabs.
Bengal’s Diptayan Ghosh won gold in the U-10 boys section, according to information received here.
- Kuldeep bags gold in 10k-metre walk in Asian junior athletics - Jun 12, 2012
- Asian athletics: Mayookha leaps to gold, silver for Gowda - Jul 07, 2011
- PM to meet Indian medal winners - Oct 15, 2010
- Rich haul of medals for India in Asian Women's Boxing - Mar 25, 2012
- A year to cherish for India's athletes (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2010
- Winter Olympics 2010 Standings - Feb 28, 2010
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- India juniors win medals at World Karate Championship - Jul 29, 2010
- Asian shooting: India win silver and two bronze in team events - Jan 14, 2012
- Manipur champions in national Vovinam meet - Feb 07, 2010
- Asian Games: Four golds take India's tally to 14 (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2010
- China can't reach Beijing gold haul in London, says official - Apr 20, 2012
- Indians dominate Asian Youth Chess, top seven of 12 categories - Aug 08, 2009
- Sushila Devi wins gold in Asian junior judo - Oct 04, 2011
- Chennai to host Chess Olympiad for blind - Jul 14, 2012