India Vs Australia: 2ND ODI HighlightsOctober 29th, 2009 - 8:24 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nagpur, Oct. 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The 2nd ODI between India and Australia saw the Indians winning by 99 runs. The match started with Ponting winning the toss and electing to field due to pitch conditions and the weather which bought some dew with it. The day and night match, was played at Nagpur in the Vidharbha Stadium and had both the team’s supporters present. The Indian team, batting first made a total score of 354 runs at the loss of just 7 wickets and M.S.Dhoni got another century to his credit (with 124 runs) made with the help of 3 sixes and 9 fours. The Sehwag and Gambhir duo gave India a good start, with Sehwag scoring just 40 (31) and Gambhir getting 76 (80) before a run-out. Raina was another of the top scorers, with 62 runs off just 50 balls.
After making a huge score, the Australians apparently intimidated, could not give a good chase and lost with 99 runs to spare, making 255 all in all, after winning 5 ODi’s in a row. Also, their bowling saw large number of extras being delivered, which was another reason that helped India win. Australia started loosing wickets in their 5th over, with Paine being bowled out by P.Kumar.
The match saw a number of records being broken, with India crossing their maximum of 354 against Australia. Dhoni made his share of history by scoring 124 runs, being the highest made by a captain against Australia. India touched a mark of 350 runs for the 12th time and Dhoni also got his first century against Australia. The next match will be held on 31st October and fans from both sides are looking forward to it, because of the mixed results in the series till now.
- India-Sri Lanka tie their ODI tri-series encounter (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- India cruise to a five-wicket win over Netherlands (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- South Africa bundle India out for 296 - Mar 12, 2011
- India in drivers seat against New Zealand in Nagpur Test - Nov 21, 2010
- Dhoni wins World Cup but India loses No 1 Test status (2011 in Retrospect - Cricket) - Dec 21, 2011
- Indian Wins 3rd ODI Against The Aussies - Nov 01, 2009
- India bounce back, hand out 99-run defeat to Australia (Lead) - Oct 29, 2009
- India ride on Kohli and Gambhir's brilliance to beat Sri Lanka (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- India beat Australia by four wickets - Feb 12, 2012
- Sehwag's record double ton gives India huge win over West Indies (Roundup) - Dec 09, 2011
- India Vs Sri Lanka: 1st ODI, Updated Till 1st Innings - Dec 15, 2009
- India will have lot of ground to cover - Dec 01, 2011
- (VM) India record maiden World Cup semifinal victory at home (Statistical highlights) - Mar 31, 2011
- Kohli's ton, double century stand with Gambhir see India victorious - Oct 18, 2011
- We can chase anything under 300, says Sehwag - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,