India tour is Shoaib’s last chance to change himself: AshrafNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:53 am ICT by admin
Terming the tour of India as an “even more important than the World Cup,” Ashraf urged Akhtar to fulfil his responsibility as a senior player and prove his critics wrong with a forceful performance.
“I expect that all the players, including Shoaib Akhtar, would be at their best behaviour and give their hundred percent on the tour because we have to deliver good results against India,” The News quoted him, as saying.
Ashraf agreed that Shoaib would be walking on thin ice, but added that he was hoping the player has learnt his lesson.
“Shoaib has a role to play for Pakistan,” he said, adding, “He also has a point to prove and should give his best to silence his critics who believe he is spent force.”
Pakistan will play five one-dayers and three Tests during November-December. The team is scheduled to fly out for New Delhi on November 1 where they play a warm-up game starting from November 2.
The ODI series will start on November 5 in Guwahati. The rest of the one-dayers will be played in Mohali (Nov 8), Kanpur (Nov 11), Gwalior (Nov 15) and Jaipur (Nov 18).
The three Tests will be played in New Delhi, Kolkata and Bangalore. (ANI)
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Azam, Adnan, Taufeeq may replace Razzaq, Kamran, Shahzad in Pak team: Afridi - Apr 06, 2011
- Asia Cup 'make or break' tournament for Akhtar : Afridi - Jun 10, 2010
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- PCB must give 'legend' Akhtar proud exit after denying him 'swansong' against India - Apr 09, 2011
- Broad promises relentless short ball attack on India - Sep 05, 2011
- Pak team management against Shoaib Akhtar's swansong appearance - Apr 14, 2011
- PCB chief pardons Shoaib Akhtar - Sep 08, 2009
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- Akram sees many positives for Pakistan in Asia Cup loss against Sri Lanka - Jun 19, 2010
- Shoaib Ahtar escapes unhurt after car accident (Second Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Shoaib Akhtar impresses chief selector at Pentagular Cup - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Fit' Akhtar ready for comeback: Hameed - Apr 25, 2010
Tags: ashraf, best behaviour, changed man, critics, even more important, guwahati, gwalior, india tour, jaipur, kanpur, kolkata, last chance, mohali, New Delhi, odi series, pakistan, point to prove, shoaib akhtar, spent force, walking on thin ice