India to tour South Africa before under-19 World CupDecember 9th, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 9 (IANS) The Indian under-19 team will play a tri-series in South Africa before heading for New Zealand to take part in the Jan 15-30 World Cup, it was announced Wednesday.
The Indian cricket board said that Sri Lanka would be the third team in the series and all the matches will be played in Johannesburg.
India, the defending champions, will play four matches in the series, two each against the hosts and Sri Lanka. The final is slated for Jan 5.
Rajasthan’s Ashok Menaria will lead the side.
India will also play warm-up matches against local teams in the run up to the series.
India play their opening match against Afghanistan Jan 15 in Lincoln. They face Hong Kong in Christchurch Jan 17 and play their final Group A game Jan 21 against England.
Squad: Ashok Menaria (captain), Mandeep Singh (vice captain), Mayank Agarwal, Akshath Reddy, Harpreet Singh, K.L. Rahul, Sufiyan Sheikh, Zahid Ali, Harshal Patel, Jaydev Unadkad, Sandeep Sharma, Saurav Netrawalkar, Harmeet Singh, Manan Sharma, Gaurav Jathar.
- Menaria to lead India in U-19 cricket World Cup - Dec 06, 2009
- All 16 squads announced for ICC U19 Cricket World Cup - Dec 24, 2009
- Mukund named India A captain for New Zealand tour - Aug 10, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab elect to field against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 06, 2012
- Maneria to lead India u-19 cricket team - Mar 13, 2009
- Ranji Trophy: Tiwary, Pandey, Menaria slam double hundreds - Nov 18, 2011
- Deccan Chargers opt to bat against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 17, 2012
- Bawne to lead India in u-19 quadrangular series - Sep 18, 2011
- Royal Challengers elect to field against Punjab - Apr 20, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab opt to bat against Knight Riders - Apr 18, 2012
- Maneria to lead India U-19 team in Australia - Mar 24, 2009
- Chand to lead India in U-19 cricket World Cup - Jul 03, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab put Pune Warriors in - Apr 12, 2012
- Chand to lead India in U-19 Asia Cup - Jun 04, 2012
- Royal Challengers opt to bowl against Deccan Chargers - May 20, 2012
Tags: ashok, england squad, final group, gaurav, harmeet, harpreet singh, harshal, indian cricket board, jan 21, manan, mandeep singh, mayank, play four, rahul, rajasthan, sandeep sharma, saurav, tri series, vice captain, zahid