India to play 5 ODIs and a Twenty20 in Sri LankaJanuary 13th, 2009 - 3:13 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, Jan 13 (IANS) India’s cricket team will play five One-Day Internationals (ODI) and a Twenty20 match against Sri Lanka in Colombo in January-February. This was decided here Tuesday morning at a meeting between the officials of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the officials of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC).
The BCCI badly wanted the Sri Lanka series to offset the losses to the tune of $25 million from the scrapping of the last two ODIs against England, a tour to Pakistan in the wake of the terror attack in Mumbai and the postponement of the Champions Trophy in Pakistan.
The Indian government refused permission for the tour to Pakistan in view of the strained bilateral relations and the Indian cricket team does not have an international commitment until the tour of New Zealand in March.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had invited Sri Lanka to fill in for the cancelled India tour and the island nation agreed on the condition that between the three Tests and the five ODIs they will return home to host India. The Pakistan tour is scheduled from Jan 20.
- India to play five one-dayers in Sri Lanka (Lead) - Jan 13, 2009
- India agrees to play five ODIs in Sri Lanka (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2009
- Sri Lanka refuse to tour Pakistan - May 24, 2011
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Twenty20 league owned by Sri Lankan board, not private body' - Jun 19, 2011
- Irfan Pathan replaces injured Vinay Kumar for Sri Lanka tour - Jul 13, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Indian, Sri Lankan cricket boards hopeful of finding a solution - Apr 21, 2011
- No DRS for Australia-Sri Lanka series for lack of sponsor - Jul 15, 2011
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Cash strapped Sri Lanka board reduces budget for Australia's tour - Jun 26, 2011
- Stuart Law named Sri Lanka coach for tour of England - Apr 07, 2011
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- SLC hopes to convince BCCI to allow participation of Indian cricketers (Lead) - Jun 19, 2011
Tags: bilateral relations, champions trophy, india bcci, india tour, indian cricket team, indian government, international commitment, island nation, odi, odis, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan tour, play five, postponement, sri lanka colombo, sri lanka cricket, terror attack, tuesday morning, twenty20