India three wickets away from victory in Durban Test (Lunch report)December 29th, 2010 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
Durban, Dec 29 (IANS) Indian bowlers dealt four blows to South Africa on the fourth morning to stand on the verge of a famous victory in the second cricket Test here Wednesday.India now need three wickets to win the Test and level the series 1-1.
At lunch, South Africa were struggling at 181 for seven with Ashwell Prince (28), the only remaining recognised batsman, and left-arm spinner Paul Harris (7) battling it out at the Kingsmead Stadium.
Chasing a target of 303 runs, South Africa lost four wickets in the morning session, having resumed at 111 for three.
Zaheer Khan picked two wickets and S.Sreesanth and Harbhajan Singh took one wicket each in the first session.
The match was tantalisingly poised overnight, but Indian bowlers produced some fine spells to outsmart South African batsmen.
Sreesanth bowled with consistency and agression and removed veteran Jacques Kallis (17) with a ball that would make any fast bowler proud. Sreesanth bowled a well-directed nasty bouncer that reared up sharply and took Kallis completely by surprise, hitting his gloves as he evaded the ball. Virender Sehwag at gully did the rest, lapping up the catch.
Harbhajan, who was getting good turn, pinned down AB de Villiers (33), who was a bit unlucky to be given lbw as the ball hit high on his well-stretched front leg.
Zaheer then dismissed Mark Boucher (1) lbw with a delivery that came back sharply and then nicely set-up Dale Steyn (10) with short balls before bowling a fuller length, forcing the fast bowler to go for a drive and Pujara took a catch at third slip.
- India bounce back at Durban to level series (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Kallis, Boucher frustrate India (Tea report) - Jan 05, 2011
- India need three wickets to win Durban Test - Dec 29, 2010
- Kallis steers South Africa to comfortable 232/4 (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2011
- South Africa need 192 runs, India 7 wickets at Durban (Roundup) - Dec 28, 2010
- India wins Durban Test, level series one all - Dec 29, 2010
- Zaheer, Harbhajan peg India back into reckoning (Tea report) - Dec 27, 2010
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, Second Test, Day four - Dec 29, 2010
- Scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, Second Test - Dec 29, 2010
- Tea Scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, Second Test, Day Two - Dec 27, 2010
- Zaheer, Harbhajan fightback; batsmen squander advantage in Durban - Dec 27, 2010
- Tea scoreboard: India vs South Africa, Third Test, Day four - Jan 05, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs South Africa, Third Test, Day one - Jan 03, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, Second Test, Day two - Dec 27, 2010
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs South Africa, Third Test, Day four - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: ab de villiers, ashwell prince, bouncer, cricket test, dale steyn, four wickets, gully, harbhajan singh, indian bowlers, jacques kallis, lunch report, mark boucher, morning session, paul harris, s sreesanth, sehwag, target, test lunch, wicket, zaheer khan