India thrash Sri Lanka 11-0 in Junior Asia CupMay 4th, 2012 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Malacca (Malaysia), May 4 (IANS) India thrashed Sri Lanka 11-0 in their opening match of the 7th Junior Men’s Asia Cup Hockey Tournament here Friday.
India, two time champions, scored through skipper Akashdeep Singh (3rd, 62nd), Amit Rohidas (penalty corner 6th), Satbir Singh (21st, 29th), Malak Singh (27th, 39th, 44th), P.L. Thimmanna (34th, 41st minute) and Prabhdeep Singh (67th).
India took only three minutes to open scoring through skipper Akashdeep, who deflected in a cross from the right. And three minutes later it was 2-0 for India as Amit Rohidas sent in a powerful flick into the roof of the net from a penalty corner, giving Sri Lankan goalkeeper Nuwan Premathilaka no chance at all.
With the two goals in the bag, India started playing free flow hockey. Third goal from India was scored by Satbir Singh in the 21st minute, a gap of 15 minutes from their second goal, not reflective of the total domination of the match.
India then scored at regular intervals through Malak Singh (27th minute), Satbir (29th minute) and Pulyanda Lokesh Thimmana (34th minute) for a 6-0 lead at halftime.
Malak Singh completed his hat-trick by scoring India’s seventh and eight goals in the 39th and 44th minutes respectively.
Thimmanna then scored his second and India’s ninth in the 51st minute. India hit double figures as skipper Akshdeep scored his second in the 62nd minute with Prabhdeep Singh making it 11-0 in the 67th minute.
Now India will face Pakistan in their next match here Sunday.
- Junior Asia Cup: India play 2-2 draw with Pakistan - May 06, 2012
- Akashdeep to lead India in Junior Asia Cup hockey - Apr 11, 2012
- Indian men win bronze at junior Asia Cup hockey - May 13, 2012
- Punjab beat Jharkhand 4-1, finish third in hockey nationals - Jun 19, 2011
- Junior Hockey: Punjab, Haryana, Odisha, SAI Bhopal in semis - Sep 07, 2012
- 90 Indian players sign up for Hockey India league - Sep 12, 2012
- India in semis of junior men's Asia Cup hockey - May 07, 2012
- Gurjinder to lead India juniors in Sultan Johor Cup - Oct 18, 2011
- Hockey India announces stipend for junior players - Jul 13, 2012
- Hockey: Karnataka play Punjab, Jharkhand face Harayana in semis (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2011
- Junior Asia Cup: India beaten by Malaysia in semis - May 10, 2012
- Punjab win Junior National Hockey Championship - Sep 09, 2012
- Hockey: Punjab crush Bihar 9-0 in quarterfinal - Jun 16, 2011
- Rajpal, Halappa left out from Olympics hockey probables - Feb 27, 2012
- Hockey: Karnataka win through Raghunath's golden goal (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: 15 minutes, amit, asia cup hockey, domination, flick, free flow, gap, goalkeeper, hat trick, hockey tournament, intervals, junior men, malacca malaysia, malak, match, nuwan, skipper, sri lankan, three minutes, time champions