India suffer humiliating 1-3 loss to Pakistan in Azlan Shah Hockey (Lead)May 11th, 2011 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Ipoh (Malaysia), May 11 (IANS) Pakistan came back from a goal down and thumped in three in the second half to beat India 3-1 in an important Azlan Shah Cup hockey match here Wednesday.
Rupinder Pal Singh converted a penalty corner in the 20th minute for India to go into the break with a 1-0 lead.
But the Indians faltered miserably in the second half as Umar Butta (49th), Mohammad Imran (55th) and veteran Sohail Abbas (57th) found the net for Pakistan, for whom this was the first win against India in six encounters.
India were on an attacking mode right from the start, creating several opportunities and finally sounded the board from the second penalty corner converted by Rupinder.
Asian Games gold medallists Pakistan lifted their game by several notches in the second half. A defensive lapse by Diwakar Ram helped Butta fire in the equaliser in the 49th minute and Imran gave Pakistan the lead by converting a penalty corner in the 55th minute. Two minutes later Abbas slammed in from another penalty corner to seal India’s hopes.
- Azlan Shah Cup: Pakistan beat India 3-1 - May 11, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: Rupinder drag-flicks India past Britain 3-1 - May 06, 2011
- Azlan Shah cup: India hold on Australia 1-1 - May 08, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: India narrowly go down to Britain - May 27, 2012
- Australia beat Pakistan via golden goal to win Azlan Shah Cup - May 16, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: India stun Britain to clinch bronze - Jun 03, 2012
- Azlan Shah Cup: India squander two-goal lead, lose to Korea 2-3 - May 05, 2011
- Asian Games hockey: India knocked out by Malaysia's golden goal (Lead) - Nov 23, 2010
- Hapless India thrashed by New Zealand in Azlan Shah opener - May 24, 2012
- Azlan Shah hockey: Clinical India beat Malaysia 5-2 - May 09, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: India lose 1-2 to South Korea, finish sixth (Lead) - May 15, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: India beat Pakistan to keep faint hope (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- India beat Pakistan 4-2 in Azlan Shah hockey - May 07, 2010
- Azlan Shah: India bounce back to beat South Korea 2-1 - May 25, 2012
- Pakistan determined to win Azlan Shah Cup, says Imran - May 01, 2011
Tags: abbas, asian games, azlan shah cup, azlan shah cup hockey, defensive lapse, diwakar, equaliser, game, games gold, gold medallists, India, indians, match, mohammad imran, notches, pakistan, rupinder, second half, two minutes, veteran