India should field full-strength side against West Indies: LorgatApril 27th, 2011 - 2:04 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Haroon Lorgat said they are looking forward to a full-stength Indian side on the West Indies tour as per the commitment to the Futute Tours Programme.
Lorgat was commenting on media reports that top Indian cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, skipper M.S. Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan and Gautam Gambhir have asked to be rested for the One-day series that will precede the Tests.
“I think it affects the brand of cricket. Everybody want to see a full-strength side. The same applies to the IPL and any of the FTP commitments. Because of the volume of cricket, every individual player has to be managed.
“One or two stars asking for a rest is okay. If five or six stars do not want to go to the West Indies, then I think, it’s not appropriate fulfillment of what has been committed to the FTP,” said Lorgat during a TV news show.
India will play a T20 International in Trinidad June 4, five One-dayers and three Tests.
The Indian team is playing non-stop for sometime now and only got six days rest after the World Cup before the Indian Premier league began.
- All seniors will be available for selection: BCCI - May 02, 2011
- Simmons keen to play in ODIs against England - May 09, 2012
- West Indies A hope to dominate Indians - May 30, 2012
- ICC rules out window for IPL in FTP - Jun 13, 2012
- Rest required for Dhoni before Australia tour: Sourav - Oct 07, 2011
- West Indies arrive for series against India - Nov 03, 2011
- Closed Kotla ticket counters drive away fans - Nov 06, 2011
- Windies tour golden opportunity for young Pak cricketers to prove their worth: Intikhab - Apr 19, 2011
- Sangakkara calls for equity on tours - Jul 12, 2010
- Pakistan unhappy with cricket's FTP - Dec 01, 2010
- International cricket umpire Clyde Duncan dies - Jul 28, 2011
- Gayle sacked, Sammy new captain of West Indies - Oct 18, 2010
- We can't over-respect India: Bell - Jul 18, 2011
- Williams back as Trinidad and Tobago coach - Jun 06, 2012
- Gibson expects tough series against depleted India - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: commitments, full strength, gautam gambhir, harbhajan singh, indian cricketers, international cricket council, ipl, m s dhoni, New Delhi, news show, premier league, six days, six stars, skipper, t20, two stars, virender sehwag, west indies, world cup, zaheer khan