India record second win in world team squashAugust 23rd, 2011 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Paderborn (Germany), Aug 23 (IANS) India romped to their second win by drubbing Kuwait 3-0 in a Group F tie of the men’s world team squash championship here Monday.
Sixth seeded India, who had beaten Hungary 3-0 in their opening fixture, next meet South Africa, who too have won both their matches.
The Kuwaitis can never be taken lightly and the Indians were fully aware of this. They remained focussed and never let their guard down throughout the tie.
Saurav Ghosal gave India it important first point when he defeated talented Abdullah Al Mezayen in four games.
The Indian champion dominated proceedings from the start but Abdullah fought back to win the first game. The second was a close game with Saurav winning it.
Abdullah was exhausted in the third due to Saurav’s constant pressure and ability to move him to all corners. Abdullah had no answer with Saurav winning the third and fourth convincingly.
Siddharth Suchde and Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu won their respective ties in straight games. Both played with supreme confidence to ensure a 3-0 victory for India.
(6) India beat Kuwait 3-0: Saurav Ghosal bt Abdullah Al Muzayen 7-11, 11-9, 11-1, 11-6 (39m); Siddharth Suchde bt Ammar Al-Tamimi 11-4, 11-4, 11-5 (30m); Harinder Pal Singh Sandhu bt Ali Bader Al-Ramzi 11-8, 11-5, 11-5 (24m).
- World team squash: India lose to Italy in playoffs - Aug 27, 2011
- Asian squash: Indian men in last eight - May 03, 2012
- Indian teams make Asian Squash finals - May 05, 2012
- Winning start by Indian teams at Asian Squash - May 02, 2012
- India enter pre-quarters of world team squash - Aug 24, 2011
- India sail into quarterfinals of World squash - Aug 25, 2011
- Asian Squash: Indian teams in semi-finals - May 04, 2012
- Indian teams in Asian squash finals - May 05, 2012
- World Squash: Australia stop India - Aug 26, 2011
- India suffer second defeat in Squash World Cup - Mar 09, 2011
- Ghosal, Pallikal in title round of National Squash championship - Dec 09, 2011
- India go down fighting to England in World Cup squash - Mar 08, 2011
- Ghosal lone Indian survivor in Chennai Open squash - Mar 04, 2010
- Ghosal, Harinder in final of squash championship - Dec 20, 2009
- Squash World Cup: Malaysia shock France to enter semis - Mar 10, 2011
Tags: al tamimi, ali, ammar, bader, champion, drubbing, first game, four games, hungary, indians, kuwait, kuwaitis, proceedings, ramzi, singh sandhu, south africa, squash, straight games, supreme confidence, victory