India may find Australian conditions difficult: WarnerDecember 24th, 2011 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Melbourne, Dec 24 (IANS) Explosive Australian opener David Warner feels that India’s inability to adapt to conditions overseas and their mental frailty can be exposed in the Boxing Day Test here.
Warner spoke of the vast disparity in the way the Indians play at home and away.
“We think they automatically know they’re going to win series in India because the wickets turn and it is all in their favour. And it is probably similar when they come out here, we think on the bouncy wickets they might not be able to adapt,” Warner told ESPN.
“You look at their line-up and you can think ‘oh how are we going to get these guys out.’ But we know when they’re in Australia, the wickets are different, and we think their mental approach is a bit different to what it is when they’re in India.”
Warner said India have a strong batting line-up whereas Australia’s was a cause for concern during the recent series in South Africa and at home against New Zealand. But he was confident their batsmen would fire in the series.
“They’re one of the best line-ups in the world, and capable of scoring big runs on the wickets we’re producing here. We’ve got to be spot on with our line and length with our quicks, and when we’re batting we need to put on as many runs as we can… I reckon we’re in for a good series.”
- We can chase anything under 300, says Sehwag - Dec 28, 2011
- South Africa coach reminds India of their poor record - Dec 13, 2010
- It will be interesting how India bat at Perth: Arthur - Jan 07, 2012
- We have always put the team first: Clarke - Jan 06, 2012
- Beating India 4-0 is our aim: Warner - Jan 18, 2012
- Indians will have trouble on quick pitches: Taylor - Dec 22, 2011
- Don't know where Indian cricket is headed: Warner - Jan 13, 2012
- Pattinson taps England bowling coach to tackle India - Dec 23, 2011
- U-19 World Cup: India set up title clash with Australia (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Coach Nielsen defends Australian openers - Feb 27, 2011
- Sammy warns Windies will be just as dangerous in Tests - Apr 01, 2012
- Never seen England pitches seam and swing so much: Fletcher (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Forrest, Hussey guide Australia to 288/5 (Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Breaches can be found in England team's fortress: Roebuck - Nov 07, 2010
- Clarke praises injury-prone Harris - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: australia, boxing day, boxing day test, david warner, dec 24, disparity, espn, favour, frailty, India, indians, line ups, melbourne, mental approach, new zealand, quicks, south africa, ups, wickets