India lose to Spain in second hockey TestJuly 8th, 2012 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Santander (Spain), July 8 (IANS) India went down fighting 1-2 to hosts Spain in the second hockey Test at La Albericia here late Saturday.
Sandeep Singh (penalty corner 28th minute) scored the solitary goal for India, while Spain registered goals through Pau Quemada (34th minute) and Santi Freixa (penalty corner 69th minute).
India began well and took lead in the 28th minute with drag flicker Sandeep successfully converting a penalty corner. Spain equalised in 34th minute through a field goal scored by Quemada. Skipper Freixa consolidated Spain’s position scoring in the dying moments of the match.
The game also marked 250 international caps for India’s senior player Ignace Tirkey.
India play their next game against South Africa Sunday.
- India, Spain share six goals in first Test - Jul 06, 2012
- India beat South Africa 6-5 in hockey Test - Jul 09, 2012
- Champions Trophy: Spain to meet Australia in final - Dec 10, 2011
- Azlan Shah Cup: India narrowly go down to Britain - May 27, 2012
- India outplay Pakistan, England shock Australia (Round-up) - Mar 01, 2010
- Hockey Olympic qualifier: Indian men close to reaching final; women in tight spot (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- India ride on Sandeep's brilliance to book London berth - Feb 26, 2012
- India beaten 1-2 by Spain in tri-nation meet - Jul 19, 2012
- India lose to Britain in tri-nation hockey - Jul 15, 2012
- Champions Trophy hockey: Australia beat Spain in final - Dec 11, 2011
- India's men's and women's hockey teams chasing Olympic dream - Feb 17, 2012
- Punjab win Junior National Hockey Championship - Sep 09, 2012
- Spain rally to outsmart South Africa 4-2 (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Olympic qualifiers: Indian men thrash Italy 8-1, women beat Canada 4-1 (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2012
- Hockey World Cup: Spain beat India 5-2 - Mar 04, 2010