India lose Tendulkar, reach 237/3 (Lunch report)November 14th, 2010 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Nov 14 (IANS) India lost the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar in the morning session and reached 237 for three in their first innings at lunch on the third day of the second cricket Test against New Zealand here Sunday.
Tendulkar was dismissed by Daniel Vettori for 13. Rahul Dravid (33) and V.V.S. Laxman (31) were at the crease with India trailing by 113 runs at the Rajiv Gandhi International stadium.
New Zealand bowled a good line as India could add only 59 runs in 30 overs during the session.
Tendulkar, who is one short of record 50 Test hundreds, hardly looked convincing in the middle.
The master blaster, in an attempt to break the shackles, came down the track to loft Vettori, but found the edge that flew to first slip Ross Taylor, who caught a blinder stretching his right hand.
Dravid and Laxman then added 53 runs. Dravid played 110 balls, stroking three fours while Laxman stroked four fours in 88 balls.
Laxman, playing his first Test at home, began with two boundaries off Martin, one caressed beautifully through covers.
- Laxman guides India to 323/5 at tea (Tea Report) - Nov 14, 2010
- Harbhajan poised for another century as India stretch lead (Roundup) - Nov 14, 2010
- India's batting woes continue in Perth (Tea Report) - Jan 13, 2012
- IND Vs. NZ: Day 1 Updates - Nov 04, 2010
- Sehwag guides India to 178/2 against New Zealand (Round Up) - Nov 13, 2010
- India 329/3 in Ahmedabad Test; Sehwag, Dravid hit centuries (Roundup) - Nov 04, 2010
- England strike to claim three wickets at Lord's (Lunch report) - Jul 25, 2011
- New Zealand under pressure in Nagpur Test - Nov 22, 2010
- Batsmen struggle as India reach 73/4 at lunch (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sehwag, Dravid send Kiwis on leather hunt on day one of Ahmedabad Test - Nov 04, 2010
- India in danger of losing Test as Martin strikes (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2010
- Williamson strikes ton on debut, New Zealand 417/6 at lunch - Nov 07, 2010
- Anderson rocks Indian top-order (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- India 392/6 at lunch on day two - Nov 05, 2010
- Dravid scores century, India take 193-run lead (Lunch report) - Nov 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,