India hockey colts beat Netherlands 3-1December 13th, 2008 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Dec 13 (IANS) Skipper Diwakar Ram got back his goal-scoring touch as India colts beat the Netherlands 3-2 in a one-off hockey test here.Diwakar scored through penalty corners in the 17th and 51st minutes while Mandip Antil struck in the 24th minute.
The Netherlands converted two penalty corners through Martijn Havenga and Mink Van Der Weerden.
India dictated terms right from the word go and led 2-0 at half-time. The forwards continued with their aggressive play in the second half and made some good moves but failed to convert them.
The Dutch team meantime scored through Havenga in the 43rd minute before drag-flick expert Diwakar struck another to make it 3-1.
The Netherlands managed a consolation goal in the last minute.
- Olympics hockey: India go down 2-3 to the Netherlands - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic hockey: Valiant Indians go down 2-3 to the Netherlands (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- India lose to Netherlands in junior hockey World Cup - Jun 11, 2009
- PNB XI to clash with ONGC in Nehru hockey final - Nov 24, 2011
- Azlan Shah hockey: Clinical India beat Malaysia 5-2 - May 09, 2011
- India colts draw with Argentina in the last tie - Dec 14, 2008
- India go down to Netherlands 3-6 in Hamburg Masters hockey - Jul 03, 2010
- Olympic hockey qualifiers: Indian men, women in finals (Roundup) - Feb 25, 2012
- Olympic qualifiers: Indian men thrash Italy 8-1, women beat Canada 4-1 (Roundup) - Feb 19, 2012
- India beat South Africa 6-5 in hockey Test - Jul 09, 2012
- Bharat Petroleum beat India Colts in Ranjit Singh hockey - Feb 23, 2009
- Karnataka beat Punjab 2-1, move into the final - Jun 18, 2011
- India beat Pakistan 4-2 in Azlan Shah hockey - May 07, 2010
- WSH: Cheetahs rout Lions - Mar 18, 2012
- Men's hockey Olympic qualifier: Poland beat Italy - Feb 21, 2012