India go down 0-1 to Thailand in international friendlySeptember 4th, 2010 - 9:50 pm ICT by IANS
Bangkok, Sep 4 (IANS) The Indian football team suffered a 0-1 loss against Thailand in an international friendly played at the Yamaha Stadium here Saturday.
Thailand’s experienced striker Sarayoot Chaikumdee scored the only goal of the match in the 73rd minute.
Thailand, coached by Manchester United legend and former England captain Bryan Robson, began aggressively and made numerous inroads into India’s citadel. Thailand almost scored in the fourth minute, but forward Teerasil Danda’s shot hit the cross bar.
Indian defence showed a great composure in front of the dangerous looking Thailand and kept them at bay in the first half.
India came close in the 22nd minute with Surkumar Singh’s right footer finding Thai goalkeeper Sinthaweechai Hathairattanakool’s gloves.
Kansas City Wizards and India star striker, Sunil Chettri hit the woodwork at the stroke of half time off Steven Dias’s free-kick as both the teams went for the breather after a goalless first half.
Debutant striker Mohammed Rafi saw his shot blocked in the 68th minute.
India next play Thailand in the return leg in Delhi Wednesday at the Ambedkar Stadium.
- Unimpressive India go down 1-2 to Thailand in football friendly (Lead) - Sep 08, 2010
- Houghton to try out different attacking options against Thailand - Sep 07, 2010
- Chettri's brace help India to beat Portuguese side - Aug 19, 2010
- Wadoo, Pereira strike as India beat Namibia 2-0 (Lead) - Sep 15, 2010
- Thailand A wins Yamaha ASEAN Cup - Jul 17, 2011
- India unimpressive, lucky to get a point (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Chirag United held by Indian Arrows in I-League - Feb 11, 2011
- SAFF Cup: India beat Sri Lanka 3-0, face Maldives in semifinal - Dec 07, 2011
- SAFF Cup: India too good for Maldives; face Afghanistan in final - Dec 09, 2011
- India register 1-0 win over over Atletico - Aug 05, 2010
- SAFF Cup football: India slam five against hapless Bhutan - Dec 05, 2011
- I-League: HAL hold Mohun Bagan to a goalless draw - Apr 06, 2012
- India lose 0-2 to Thailand A in ASEAN U-13 football - Jul 15, 2011
- India retain SAFF Cup, pound four goals on 10-man Afghanistan - Dec 11, 2011
- India forced to play Rafi in Asian Cup opener - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: bryan robson, captain bryan, citadel, composure, cross bar, england captain, football team, free kick, goalkeeper, indian defence, indian football, inroads, kansas city wizards, manchester united, mohammed rafi, return leg, star striker, sunil, time off, woodwork