India get a tough draw in women’s hockey World CupMay 20th, 2010 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) India have been clubbed with defending World and Olympic champions the Netherlands, Germany, Australia, Japan and New Zealand in the women’s hockey WOrld Cup at Rosario, Argentina Aug 29 to Sep 11.
The teams in Pool B are Argentina, China, Spain, England, Korea and South Africa, according to the draw released by the International Hockey Federation Thursday.
India will begin their campaign against the Netherlands Aug 30.
The first two ranked teams of each pool will proceed to the semifinals, which are scheduled Sep 9.
The final will be played Sep 11.
- Indian women's hockey team in tough World Cup pool - May 04, 2010
- India face Holland in Olympic hockey opener - May 22, 2012
- Ritu to lead India in Champions Challenge 1 - Sep 10, 2012
- South African men's hockey team qualifies for London Olympics - May 06, 2012
- Indian teams 10th and 13th in FIH rankings - Nov 02, 2011
- Indian women beat Japan 2-0 in hockey World Cup - Sep 06, 2010
- Olympics women's hockey: China lose to Japan, miss making semis - Aug 07, 2012
- India clubbed with Pakistan in hockey World Cup - Dec 15, 2009
- FIH accommodate Pakistan in 2011 Champions Trophy - Dec 17, 2010
- Olympic Hockey: Tough opener for India (Preview) - Jul 29, 2012
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in Olympics (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Chettri to lead Indian hockey team in Olympics - Jun 11, 2012
- Germany, the Netherlands and Korea have a realistic chance (Preview) - Mar 08, 2010
- Azlan Shah: India bounce back to beat South Korea 2-1 - May 25, 2012
- Olympic hockey: India to play only for pride against Korea (Preview) - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: australia, china, england, hockey world cup, India, international hockey federation, japan, korea, netherlands germany, New Delhi, new zealand, olympic champions, pool, rosario argentina, sep 11, south africa, spain