India eves go down to China in Junior Asia CupJuly 2nd, 2012 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bangkok, July 2 (IANS) India went down fighting 2-5 to China in their Group A league match of 6th Junior Women’s Asia Cup Hockey Championship here Monday.
The goal scorers for India were Vandana Katariya (33rd minute) and Anupa Barla (57th minute) while Weijia Hao (11th and 24th minute), Na Wang (18th minute), Xiayun Xi (penalty corner 62nd minute) and Ailin Jiang (64th minute) scored for China.
China took lead in the 11th minute with the field goal scored by Weija Hao, followed by second goal scored by Na Wang in the 18th minute. Weija Hao scored another goal for China in the 24th minute.
However, India showed great commitment and reduced the margin in the 33rd minute when Vandana Katariya scored a brilliant goal from the top of the circle.
India again tried to reduce the margin in the 57th minute with the field goal scored by forward Anupa Barla.
China who led 3-1 at the half time scored twice in the second half with fourth goal by Xiayun Xi in the 62nd minute through penalty corner and fifth goal by Ailin Jiang in the 64th minute.
India will have to win their last league match against Malaysia on Tuesday to play in the semifinal stage.
- Indian eves thrash Singapore 9-0 in junior Asia Cup hockey - Jun 29, 2012
- India women finish with silver medal at junior Asia Cup hockey - Jul 07, 2012
- India eves in semis of Junior Asia Cup hockey - Jul 03, 2012
- Indian girls enter semis of u-18 Asia Cup - Sep 20, 2011
- U-21 women's hockey: Germany win title, India finish third - Nov 12, 2011
- India beat Kiwis in U-21 women's hockey - Nov 08, 2011
- India eves in final of junior Asia Cup - Jul 06, 2012
- India bag bronze in four-nation women's hockey meet - Dec 19, 2011
- India lose 1-2 to Germany in women's U-21 hockey - Nov 11, 2011
- India beat Malaysia 4-1 in u-18 Asia Cup - Sep 22, 2011
- Anjum to lead Indian women's hockey team in Australia - Sep 29, 2011
- Punjab and Sind Bank beat Namdhari XI in Nehru hockey - Nov 22, 2011
- Asian Champions Trophy: Indian women lose bronze to Japan - Sep 10, 2011
- Indian women's hockey team lose to Argentina - Dec 15, 2011
- U-18 girls Asia Cup: India thrash Sri Lanka 13-0 - Sep 17, 2011