India, England WC encounter emerges as highest rated matchMarch 5th, 2011 - 2:28 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar. 5 (ANI-Businesswire India): The 2011 World Cup match between India and England, which was played in Bangalore on February 27, and ended in a thrilling tie, has emerged as the highest rated match in the last two ICC Cricket World Cups with a Peak Rating of 29.7 TVRs in the top six Metros
According to a survey, 71 percent of the audience in six metros had viewed the tournament till Match 14.
The cliff-hanger tied match between India-England has created new records not just on the field but off the field as well. The match delivered a peak rating of 29.7 TVRs according to the research agency TAM. The match averaged 17.3 TVRs in the top 6 metros for which the data is available.
Overall, 44 percent of the C&S audience viewed the match.
Reacting on the incredible ratings that India-England match has generated, Aloke Malik, Managing Director, ESPN Software India Pvt Ltd, said, “There have been lots of discussions around how consumer tastes have developed and the future of ODIs is unsure. The first two weeks of ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 have put all of them to rest. We hope that the tournament will continue to deliver riveting Cricket action on the field and enthral Cricket fans in the country.” (ANI)
- Sony on top in three metros - thanks to KBC - Aug 19, 2011
- Butt seeks inquiry into Warne's 'tie' prediction of India-England WC match - Mar 02, 2011
- Cricket World Cup returns to the sub-continent Thursday (Preview) - Feb 16, 2011
- Eden Gardens will not host India-England World Cup match (Second Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- BCCI asks ICC to reconsider decision on Eden - Jan 28, 2011
- Eden Gardens scrapped as venue for India-England World Cup tie - Jan 27, 2011
- Bengal intellectuals shocked at Eden fiasco - Jan 31, 2011
- PCB to discuss Warne's 'tie' prediction of India-England WC match in ICC meeting - Mar 04, 2011
- Eden Gardens likely to host remaining three World Cup matches: ICC - Feb 08, 2011
- Eden Gardens will not host India-England World Cup match (Lead) - Jan 27, 2011
- ICC takes away India-England World Cup game from Eden Gardens (Roundup) - Jan 28, 2011
- England keep suspense alive in Group B - Mar 18, 2011
- Dalmiya takes a dig at Pawar - Feb 25, 2011
- Bengal cricket body lashes out at ICC, BCCI - Jan 27, 2011
- Bangalore set for cracker of contest - Mar 06, 2011
Tags: bangalore, businesswire, c amp, consumer tastes, cricket action, cricket fans, cricket world cup, cricket world cup 2011, enthral, espn, icc cricket world, icc cricket world cup, icc cricket world cup 2011, india pvt ltd, metros, odis, software india, thrilling tie, tvrs, world cups