India declare first innings at 613/7October 30th, 2008 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 30 (IANS) Riding on V.V.S Laxman and Gautam Gambhir’s double hundreds, India declared their first innings at a massive 613 for seven on the second day of the third cricket Test at Feroz Shah Kotla here Thursday.Laxman (200 not out) scored his second double century, the earlier being the historic 281 at Eden Gardens, while Gambhir stroked his maiden double ton to power India to a formidable total.
Australia will now have to play out the remaining 16 overs of the day.
At tea break, India were 515 for six. Skipper Anil Kumble scored a quickfire 45 and Laxman stepped up the accelerator.
Zaheer Khan hit five boundaries in his 28 off 21 balls even as Laxman neared his landmark.
Laxman finally came down the track to hit Michael Clarke, reaching the double hundred, his first big score in five years.
- India look for series win and Tendulkar's 100th ton at Eden (Preview) - Nov 13, 2011
- Laxman, India's crisis man (Profile) - Aug 18, 2012
- Laxman always found Eden 'very very special' - Aug 18, 2012
- Match evenly balanced for both teams: Sehwag - Nov 07, 2011
- Sammy advises batsmen to be positive against Indian spinners - Nov 13, 2011
- Laxman makes things easy for me: Dravid - Nov 14, 2011
- India 515/6 at tea against Australia - Oct 30, 2008
- India loses Adelaide Test -- another 0-4 whitewash (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- Getting big first innings score will be key: Laxman - Dec 23, 2011
- India raise a mammoth total in the Kotla Test - Oct 30, 2008
- Laxman's tryst with 'very very special' Eden still going strong - Nov 15, 2011
- Clarke's triple century makes it tough for India (Roundup) - Jan 05, 2012
- Laxman credits Upton after scoring hundred in easy situation - Nov 15, 2011
- History beckons Sachin at Eden - Nov 12, 2011
- I hope to play again at the Eden: Dravid - Apr 14, 2012