India can overtake Australia in ODI team rankingsMarch 2nd, 2009 - 7:42 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Mar.2 (ANI): India will be ranked second in the Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Championship table if it wins its upcoming five-match series in New Zealand 5-0.
Mahendra Singh Dhonis team currently lies in third position, some four ratings points behind second-placed Australia and five behind top team South Africa.
A clean sweep for India will put it ahead of Ricky Pontings men by a fraction of a point but it would remain just behind the Proteas in what would be an extraordinarily tightly packed leader board with one ratings point separating the top three ODI teams in world cricket.
For its part, New Zealand can move up to third ahead of India if it wins the series 4-1 or better but it will drop as low as sixth if it suffers a 5-0 defeat. (ANI)
- Sri Lanka moves ahead of India in ODI Championship - Nov 09, 2010
- Sri Lanka pip India to second place in ODI rankings - Nov 09, 2010
- India move to third spot in ICC ODI rankings - Oct 26, 2011
- India move ahead of England after 2-0 lead in ODI series - Oct 18, 2011
- Kohli starts series as highest-ranked batsman - Feb 04, 2012
- India move up to second place in ODI rankings - Oct 25, 2010
- India have good chance of going past England in ODI rankings - Oct 12, 2011
- Australia goes ahead of India in Test rankings - Apr 29, 2012
- India moves to No.2 in ODI rankings - Sep 15, 2009
- India need a whitewash of Sri Lanka to be No. 1 ODI team - Jul 19, 2012
- India drop to fifth position in ICC rankings - Sep 17, 2011
- England maintain lead in Test rankings, India slip to 5th - Jul 14, 2012
- India number two in Reliance ODI rankings - Dec 06, 2009
- India drops to third in ODI rankings - Feb 09, 2009
- Dhoni regains number-one ODI batting position - Feb 20, 2010