India beaten by New Zealand yet again (Lead)June 2nd, 2009 - 3:59 am ICT by IANS
London, June 2 (IANS) India failed to beat New Zealand in a warm-up game at Lord’s Monday, falling short by nine runs.
New Zealand have not lost any twenty-twenty match to India, winning all their four matches.
Chasing a 171-run target, the Indians could muster 161 for six in their 20 overs.
India lost wickets at critical stages despite make-shift opener Rohit Sharma’s rousing start.
Rohit scored a quickfire 36 off 20 balls with three sixes and three fours, Suresh Raina cracked 45 off 24 balls, also hitting three sixes and three fours, while Ravindra Jadeja remained unbeaten with 41 off 41 balls hitting three fours.
Skipper Dhoni, Pathan brothers - Yusuf and Irfan, and Gauram Gambhir failed to get going.
New Zealand captain Daniel Vettori claimed three wickets for 24 runs in three overs and he dismissed Dhoni and Rohit in the same over and later got dangerous Yusuf caught and bowled brilliantly.
India played without injured Zaheer Khan and Yuvraj Singh and Virender Sehwag who were indisposed.
Earlier, New Zealand score was swelled by some lusty hitting from Nathan McCullum (18, 14 balls, three fours) and James Franklin (27 not out, 10 balls, 3×4, 2×6) who plundered 31 runs off the last two overs of their innings after paceman Ishant Sharma rocked them with a four-wicket burst.
Ross Taylor top scored with 41 (33b, 3×4, 2×6) while Brendon McCullum (31, 19b, 4×4) and Scott Styris (29, 19b, 5X4) chipped in with useful contributions.
New Zealand 170 for 7 (Brendon McCullum 31, Ross Taylor 41, Scott Styris 29, James Franklin 27 not out, Ishant Sharma four for 25, R.P. Singh 1 for 37, Pragyan Ojha 1 for 34, Harbhajan Singh 1 for 22.)
- New Zealand set 316 target for India in Bangalore ODI - Dec 07, 2010
- Franklin guides New Zealand to 315/7 - Dec 07, 2010
- Scoreboard of New Zealand's innings, fourth ODI against India - Dec 07, 2010
- Rearguard action swells New Zealand score to 170 for 7 (Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Kiwis beat depleted India by nine runs in ICC T20 warmup (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2009
- Scoreboard: India vs New Zealand, Second T20 - Sep 12, 2012
- India lose but Yuvraj makes successful return (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2012
- World Cup scoreboard: New Zealand vs Canada, Group A - Mar 13, 2011
- New Zealand lose plot, bowled out for 217 (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- World Cup: Scoreboard of New Zealand-Pakistan match - Mar 08, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. New Zealand, fourth ODI - Dec 08, 2010
- Scoreboard of New Zealand innings against Australia - Feb 25, 2011
- Kiwis win toss, opt to bat in fifth ODI - Dec 10, 2010
- New Zealand set India 168-run target in T20 - Sep 11, 2012
- Gambhir powers KKR to an imposing total (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
Tags: 2x6, brendon mccullum, captain daniel, critical stages, daniel vettori, gambhir, ishant sharma, jadeja, james franklin, ojha, paceman, pathan, quickfire, r p singh, ross taylor, scott styris, three sixes, virender sehwag, yuvraj singh, zealand captain