India beat South Africa at Eden Gardens, level series 1-1February 18th, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 18 (IANS) India defeated South Africa by an innings and 58 runs to win the second cricket Test here at Eden Gardens Thursday and level the two-match series 1-1. With this victory, India also retained their top spot in international Test rankings.
South Africa were bowled out for 289 in their second innings on the fifth and final day. Hashim Amla scored a fighting unbeaten 127, but it was not enough for the visitors to save the Test and topple India from the No. 1 position in Test rankings.
Harbhajan Singh (5-59), Amit Mihsra (3-78) and Ishant Sharma (2-84) all chipped in with wickets.
South Africa were dismissed for 296 in the first innings and India replied with 643 for six declared, gaining a 347-run lead.
India were handed an innings defeat by South Africa in the first Test at Nagpur.
- India beat South Africa in Kolkata Test to retain No1 spot, level series - Feb 18, 2010
- Dhoni praise bowlers for win against Proteas - Feb 18, 2010
- India strike twice before lunch: South Africa 164/5 - Feb 18, 2010
- South Africa 250/7 at tea on day five against India - Feb 18, 2010
- Final scoreboard: India vs South Africa, Second Test - Feb 18, 2010
- India stay No. 1 Test team with emphatic victory at Eden (Round up) - Feb 18, 2010
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs South Africa, day four, second Test - Feb 17, 2010
- Chanderpaul anxious to score - Aug 01, 2012
- India declare first innings at 643/6 - Feb 16, 2010
- India Registers Second Test Victory Against South Africa - Feb 18, 2010
- India tighten grip against South Africa as rains play spoilsport - Feb 17, 2010
- South Africa 6/0 at stumps on day three - Feb 16, 2010
- Tea scoreboard: India vs. South Africa, Second Test, Day Four - Feb 17, 2010
- South Africa bowled out for 131 - Dec 27, 2010
- South Africa 116/1 against India at lunch - Feb 14, 2010