India A struggling at 77 for sixJune 6th, 2012 - 2:15 am ICT by IANS
Bridgetown (Barbados), June 6 (IANS/CMC) India A, chasing 186 for victory, were 77 for six at lunch on the fourth day of their four-day ‘Test’ against West Indies A at Kensington Oval here.
India,resuming at 22 for three with still 164 needed to win, lost three more wickets adding 55 runs in the first session. Skipper Cheteshwar Pujara was battling it out batting on 26 at the break. First-inning top-scorer Rohit Sharma got out for 23 just when he got his eye in, having hit a six and four, reports Caribbean Media Corporation.
India lost Shikhar Dhawan without any addition to his overnight score. Rohit followed him and just before the luncheon interval, Manoj Tiwari left.
At the break, wicket keeper-batsman Wriddhiman Saha was batting with Pujara.
West Indies opening bowlers Delorn Johnson and Jason Holder continued from where they left off on third evening, three wickets in 10 overs. Left-arm quick Johnson first sent back Dhawan with a slower ball.
Rohit, dropped on two by substitute Kyle Corbin, relieved a bit of pressure with a six over long-off and a four over mid-on. However, Jonathan Carter got Rohitedge a wide delivery. In the minutes before lunch, Holder bowled Tiwary with an inswinger.
The Indians still need 109 runs to win the match.
West Indies A 252 all out (Veerasammy Permaul 66,Devon Thomas 57, Jonathan Carter 35, Nkrumah Bonner 25; Shami Ahmed 3-43, RahulSharma 3-73) and 210 (Lendl Simmons 53, Kraigg Brathwaite 50, Nkrumah Bonner36, Devon Thomas 22; Rohit Sharma 4-41, Bhuvneshwar Kumar 3-44)
India A 277 (Rohit Sharma 94, Cheteshwar Pujara 50, Manoj Tiwary 40; Jonathan Carter 5-63, Delorn Johnson 3-39) and 77 for six (Cheteshwar Pujara 26 not out, Rohit Sharma 23; Jason Holder 3-22, Delorn Johnson 2-18).
- Brilliant Pujara carries India A to an exciting victory - Jun 06, 2012
- India A 22/3 chasing 186 to win first 'Test' - Jun 05, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A, Day 3 - Jun 05, 2012
- Carter's fiver overshadows Rohit Sharma's 94 but India A take lead - Jun 04, 2012
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- India A 30/3 in second knock after conceding 106-run lead - Jun 19, 2012
- India A lose to West Indies A - Jun 28, 2012
- Tiwari and Saha keep India afloat in third Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Put in, India A barely manage 230 in third 'Test' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A - Jun 04, 2012
- Powell's century leaves India A in a tight spot - Jun 18, 2012
- Six changes to Windies A-team for one-dayers against India A - Jun 27, 2012
- Smith included in squad for practice game against Australia - Mar 30, 2012
- India A lose third 'Test' by 10 wickets, series 1-2 - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: bonner, bowlers, bridgetown barbados, caribbean media, cmc, corbin, delorn, devon thomas, dhawan, jonathan carter, luncheon, nkrumah, saha, shami, skipper, tiwary, top scorer, west indies, wicket keeper, wickets