India A pile up lead against New Zealand ASeptember 30th, 2008 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 30 (IANS) India A batted themselves into a strong position by extending their overall lead to 178 runs with seven second innings wickets in hand against New Zealand A on the third day of their four-day cricket match at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, here Tuesday.At lunch, India A were on 160 for three with skipper Suresh Raina on 49 and Jaydev Shah on six as the home batsmen made merry of the Kiwi bowling attack.
Leading the run blitz, that saw India adding 133 runs in the first session, were opener Sahil Kukreja (41), Murali Vijay (57) and Raina, all of whom batted reasonably freely to help their team take control of the game.
Vijay, who had made 45 in the first innings, set the momentum with yet another pleasing knock while Raina complemented the effort with a typical free-flowing innings. The pair added 83 runs for the third wicket before Vijay lofted leg-spinner Aaron Redmond into the hands of Peter Fulton fielding at mid-on.
- India A 307/5 against New Zealand A at tea - Sep 30, 2008
- Raina powers India A to a comfortable position - Sep 30, 2008
- Scoreboard: India A vs New Zealand A, third day - Sep 30, 2008
- Raina, Kohli to India's rescue (Tea Lead) - Sep 01, 2012
- Kohli, Raina power India to six-wicket victory (Lead) - Oct 24, 2011
- Scoreboard: India A vs New Zealand A; Day Three - Oct 05, 2008
- India A 94/3 at lunch against New Zealand A - Sep 28, 2008
- Dhoni happy with team's showing against New Zealand - Sep 03, 2012
- New Zealand A 130/3 at lunch against India A - Sep 29, 2008
- Super Kings edge past Deccan Chargers (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Ranji Trophy: Karnataka, Punjab win; Mukund strikes double ton - Nov 12, 2011
- Double strikes by Bishoo leave India struggling at 166/6 (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Big win for Super Kings against Delhi Daredevils (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Chanderpaul leads defiant West Indies to a draw - Jul 11, 2011
- Super Kings crush Royal Challengers to retain IPL title (Lead) - May 29, 2011