India A dismissed for 190 in first one-dayerJune 28th, 2012 - 1:48 am ICT by IANS
St. George’s (Grenada), June 28 (IANS/CMC) India A, winning the toss, could muster only 190 off 49.5 overs in the first of their three-match One-Day series against West Indies A at the National Stadium here.
Ajinkya Rahane, who had a poor ‘Test’ series regained some form to top-score with 58 while Shikhar Dhawan made 30. After their departure, only Manoj Tiwari and Jalaj Saxena got into the 20s.
Veerasammy Permaul, who returned to lead West Indies A after missing the two-match twenty20 series, was the most successful bowler, claiming four wickets for 28 runs, while Jason Holder (2/30) and Jonathan Carter (2/41) bowled well with the new ball.
West Indies made six changes for the series following the tied two-match Twenty20 series in Trinidad and Tobago last weekend. Selectors called up Adrian Barath, Shane Dowrich, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Nikita Miller and Nelon Pascal.
Leg-spinner Samuel Badree, who played in both T20s at the weekend, has been called up to the West Indies senior team while Christopher Barnwell, Sulieman Benn, Danza Hyatt, Garey Mathurin and Krishmar Santokie have all been dropped.
Barbadian wicketkeeper Dowrich, meanwhile, has been called up to replace the injured Devon Thomas who also missed the T20 series.
Barath, Edwards and Fudadin played in the recent Test series against England while Miller and Pascal have been out of favour with selectors in recent times.
India A 190 all out in 49.5 overs (Ajinkya Rahane 58, Shikhar Dhawan 30, Manoj Tiwary 26, Jalaj Saxena 22; Veerasammy Permaul 4/28, Jason Holder 2/30, Jonathan Carter 2/41) vs West Indies A.
- India A lose to West Indies A - Jun 28, 2012
- Six changes to Windies A-team for one-dayers against India A - Jun 27, 2012
- Put in, India A barely manage 230 in third 'Test' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- India A hammer West Indies A to level series at 1-1 - Jun 30, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A, Day 3 - Jun 05, 2012
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- West Indies A 127/2 at lunch on second day - Jun 18, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A - Jun 04, 2012
- No Bravo for warm-up match against Black Caps - Jul 15, 2012
- India A 30/3 in second knock after conceding 106-run lead - Jun 19, 2012
- India A lose third 'Test' by 10 wickets, series 1-2 - Jun 20, 2012
- Tiwari and Saha keep India afloat in third Test - Jun 19, 2012
- Carter's fiver overshadows Rohit Sharma's 94 but India A take lead - Jun 04, 2012
- Pujara's 50 fails to stop West Indies from taking lead - Jun 11, 2012