India A 30/3 in second knock after conceding 106-run leadJune 19th, 2012 - 1:12 am ICT by IANS
Gros Islet (St Lucia), June 18 (IANS/CMC) India A, trailing by 106 runs on first innings, were 30 for three at lunch on the third day of the third and final unofficial Test against West Indies A at the Beausejour Cricket Stadium here Monday.
At the break, Rohit Sharma (2) and Manoj Tiwari (0) were at the crease.
West Indies, resuming their first innings at the overnight 320 for eight, added 16 more runs before being bowled out for 336.
When India went in for their second knock, West Indies pacemen Delorn Johnson dismissed Abhinav Mukund and Ajinkya Rahane, both caught behind off Johnson (23/2).
Skipper Cheteshwar Pujara could not get going for the second time in the match, this time he was taken by gully by Kieran Powell, off McClean.
Earlier, Parvinder Awana and Shami Ahmed quickly removed the last two wickets. Awana and Jalaj Saxena claimed three wickets each and Shami got two.
India have their backs to the wall as they are still 76 runs in arrears in the first innings.
India A 230 (Jalaj Saxena 61, Cheteshwar Pujara 33, Ajinkya Rahane 32, Manoj Tiwary 32, Wriddhiman Saha 27; Devendra Bishoo 3-40, Jonathan Carter 3-57) and 30 for three (Delorn Johnson 2-13)
WestIndies A 336 (Kieran Powell 139, DevonThomas 50, Donovan Pagon 30, Kyle Corbin 26; Jalaj Saxena 3-55, Parvinder Awana 3-81, Shami Ahmed 2-75).
- Tiwari and Saha keep India afloat in third Test - Jun 19, 2012
- India A lose third 'Test' by 10 wickets, series 1-2 - Jun 20, 2012
- West Indies A beat India A by 10 wickets - Jun 19, 2012
- Put in, India A barely manage 230 in third 'Test' (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- West Indies A 127/2 at lunch on second day - Jun 18, 2012
- Powell's century leaves India A in a tight spot - Jun 18, 2012
- India tottering at 57/4 chasing 220-run target - Jun 12, 2012
- Pujara's 50 fails to stop West Indies from taking lead - Jun 11, 2012
- West Indies discards playing for recall - Jun 02, 2012
- Scoreboard: West Indies A vs India A - Jun 04, 2012
- India A struggling at 77 for six - Jun 06, 2012
- Carter's fiver overshadows Rohit Sharma's 94 but India A take lead - Jun 04, 2012
- India A lose to West Indies A - Jun 28, 2012
- India A struggling at 168 for 6 - Jun 17, 2012
- Johnson and Permaul maul India A by 125 runs - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: arrears, awana, backs to the wall, cmc, corbin, crease, cricket stadium, devendra, gully, islet, jonathan carter, kieran, manoj, mukund, pagon, saxena, shami ahmed, unofficial test, west indies, wickets