Important to start well, says DhoniJuly 17th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 17 (IANS) India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni Tuesday said it was important to be on the mark at the start of the season beginning with the One-day series in Sri Lanka.
Speaking to the media ahead of the team’s departure for Sri Lanka Wednesday, Dhoni said it was important his side play to its potential starting from the first One-day International in Hambantota July 21.
“It is important to be at our best at the start of the series. The conditions are similar to what we experience here. The good thing is that a lot of the youngsters in the team have played cricket in Sri Lanka,” Dhoni told reporters here on the final day of the two-day training camp.
India had a forgettable last season when they lost eight Test matches in a row during tours of England and Australia.
Duncan Fletcher, who is into his second season as India coach, was also part of the Media conference. He said he was confident that the team would be able to turn things round from last year.
“It was a difficult season for all of us. I came here for the IPL final and had a nice chat with the BCCI president. We have got some plans that I can’t share with you guys and I am confident that we will turn things around,” said Fletcher.
India play five ODIS and a T20 in Sri Lanka.
- Dhoni hoping for positive start for team in Sri Lanka - Jul 17, 2012
- We need to deliver, says Gambhir - Jul 16, 2012
- Gambhir to lead in T20, ODIs in absence of Dhoni (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Fletcher to take over Indian cricket team after Windies tour (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- India need a whitewash of Sri Lanka to be No. 1 ODI team - Jul 19, 2012
- India bat against Sri Lanka in first ODI - Jul 21, 2012
- Dhoni rubbishes reports of rift in dressing room - Feb 25, 2012
- Dhoni, Indian team fined for slow over-rate - Jul 22, 2012
- BCCI steps in to sort out Dhoni-Sehwag differences - Feb 23, 2012
- India opt to bat in second ODI - Jul 24, 2012
- Irfan Pathan replaces injured Vinay Kumar for Sri Lanka tour - Jul 13, 2012
- India looking to extend lead against Sri Lanka - Jul 23, 2012
- Fletcher likely to attend Friday's selection committee meeting - May 09, 2011
- We tried our best, Dhoni says - Aug 22, 2011
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: australia, chennai, coach, cricket, difficult season, duncan fletcher, hambantota, India, july 17, mahendra singh dhoni, odis, play five, second season, sri lanka, t20, test matches, tours of england, training camp, youngsters