I’m doing better, at home now: Serena WilliamsMarch 3rd, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 3 (IANS) Tennis ace Serena Williams has assured her fans that she is recovering following emergency treatment to treat a blood clot in her lungs.
Williams was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles Monday for a pooling of blood caused by a haemorrhage, reports contactmusic.com. It came just a week after she was diagnosed with a blood clot in her lungs during treatment of a foot injury in New York.
“Thank you everyone for all of your prayers, concerns, and support. This has been extremely hard, scary, and disappointing. I am doing better, I’m at home now and working with my doctors to keep everything under control,” she said.
“I know I will be okay, but am praying and hoping this will all be behind me soon. While I can’t make any promises now on my return (to tennis), I hope to be back by early summer. That said, my main goal is to make sure I get there safely,” she added.
The 29-year-old was forced to take a hiatus from tennis last summer after undergoing surgery on her foot.
- Serena Williams talks about 'scariest moment of her life' - Mar 10, 2011
- Model Danielle Lloyd hospitalised - Feb 10, 2012
- Serena Williams goes see-through on post surgery return to spotlight - Mar 17, 2011
- Serena Williams gets cast off her foot after 7 months - Feb 28, 2011
- Serena Williams pulls out of China Open due to foot injury - Sep 26, 2010
- Samantha Stosur upsets Serena to win US Open - Sep 12, 2011
- Thrilling that people still want to see me play: Serena - May 08, 2012
- Serena Williams pulls from US Open with foot injury - Aug 21, 2010
- Halle Berry fine after injury - Jul 20, 2012
- Injured Serena Williams decorates cast with Swarovski crystals! - Dec 07, 2010
- Vaccines for heart attacks to be ready within 5 years - Apr 01, 2012
- Low iron levels tied to blood clot risk - Dec 15, 2011
- Imitation best form of flattery: Farah Khan on plagiarism - Aug 17, 2011
- Elizabeth Taylor on road to recovery - Feb 16, 2011
- Serena Williams launches debut rap song - May 12, 2012
Tags: blood clot, cedars sinai medical, cedars sinai medical center, doctors, emergency treatment, foot injury, haemorrhage, hiatus, london march, lungs, main goal, prayers, promises, serena williams, sinai medical center, tennis ace