Ill force my way back into the Pak team: TanvirFebruary 20th, 2009 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Feb.20 (ANI): Pakistani left-arm fast bowler, Sohail Tanvir, whose surprise omission from the list of 15 probables selected for the forthcoming home Test series against Sri Lanka left many shocked, has said that he will soon force his way back into the national squad through hard work and performance.
I am not at all depressed at losing a place on the Pakistan Test side. Rather, I would concentrate on putting in even better performances in the matches to come, The News quoted Tanvir, as saying.
Several veteran Pakistani cricket players have expressed dismay at Tanvirs exclusion, especially at a time when he is in form.
It is surprising not to see Sohail Tanvir in the 15-member squad for the first Test against Sri Lanka. He is an orthodox bowler who could add an element of surprise to the bowling attack, a former player said.
According to sources, both captain Younis Khan and Chief Selector Abdul Qadir, while selecting the probables, agreed that Tanvir was still inexperienced for the five-day game.
He is too inexperienced to be given a chance at the Test level, Qadir said.
Tanvir has played in two Test matches and taken five wickets, with his best bowling figures reading three wickets for 83 runs. (ANI)
- Tait backs CA's one spinner policy for World Cup - Jan 19, 2011
- Pace bowler Sohail Tanvir included in Pakistan squad for New Zealand tour - Dec 28, 2010
- Pakistan include Tanvir, Afridi as reserves for Lahore Test - Feb 25, 2009
- Pakistan names World Cup squad minus Yousuf, mystery prevails over skipper - Jan 19, 2011
- Pakistan select five rookies for Test against Sri Lanka - Feb 18, 2009
- Copeland, Lyon new faces in Australia's squad for Sri Lanka series - Jul 26, 2011
- U-19 World Cup: Pakistan on track for worst finish - Aug 22, 2012
- Pakistan names cricket squad for T20 World Cup - Jul 18, 2012
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Will Harbhajan be the 17th player for Oz tour? - Nov 25, 2011
- 'Recuperating' Tanvir ruled out of Pak tour of New Zealand - Dec 16, 2010
- Fit again Bollinger hopes for Test recall - Aug 16, 2011
- Indian team to pose 'biggest threat' in upcoming World Cup: Pak players - Jan 31, 2011
- 'Recuperating' Tanvir dropped from Pak squad for South Africa Test series - Nov 05, 2010
- Rookie pace bowler Junaid replaces 'unfit' Tanvir in Pak squad for World Cup 2011 - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: abdul qadir, cricket players, day game, dismay, element of surprise, first test, home test, islamabad, left arm, member squad, omission, pak team, pakistan test, pakistani cricket, probables, test level, test matches, test series, test side, wickets