If in England, migrant staff should speak English, says annoyed FlintoffJune 2nd, 2009 - 2:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 2 (ANI): England all-rounder Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff says it annoys him when migrant hotel staff in England are unable to communicate in English.
“It annoys me when I phone a hotel receptionist in my own country and they don’t understand what I’m saying because they don’t speak English. I think that’s wrong. It’s nothing to do with being politically correct or incorrect. It’s just not right. I have no problems with a multicultural society. I think that is to the benefit of the country,” The Sun quoted Flintoff, as saying.
Dad-of-three Freddie also blasted rap music - claiming it encourages violence.
Despite past boozy antics, he told GQ magazine: “Cricket kept me out of trouble. Sport tackles everything, obesity, drugs and binge drinking.” (ANI)
- `Bressie is my heir in England squad,' says Flintoff - Jul 22, 2010
- Flintoff an absolute beauty, say Australian cricketers - Sep 18, 2010
- Flintoff confident England will beat Australia in Ashes series - Nov 23, 2010
- Freddie out for dinner with missus and family after Ashes victory - Aug 24, 2009
- Freddie rules out Test return, but England ODI, 20-20 call-up still a done deal - Jan 29, 2010
- Flintoff's evolution from a booze cruiser to a doting father of three - Feb 01, 2010
- "Flintoff's retirement can be a boost for English players", says Gilchrist - Jul 16, 2009
- England's ODI success no reflection of Ashes chances: Flintoff - Jun 29, 2010
- Collingwood has 'been one of the great servants of English cricket': Strauss - Jan 07, 2011
- Will be very disappointed if not picked for third Test: Bresnan - Aug 03, 2011
- Ashes-winning heroics in 2009 finished me: Flintoff - Mar 17, 2011
- Luke Wright ready to be England Test all-rounder - Oct 24, 2009
- Only Flintoff can help England beat Australia, says Mark Waugh - May 24, 2009
- Flintoff expects England to win Ashes "quite convincingly" without him - Sep 17, 2010
- Ashes' rivals will be happy to drink with Flintoff - Jul 05, 2009