ICL serves notice to Yousuf for breaching contractNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:58 am ICT by admin
Yousuf along with former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq, opener Imran Farhat and all-rounder Abdul Razzaq had signed a three-year contract with the rebel ICL last month, the Dawn reported.
However, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) later persuaded the Lahore player to reverse his decision to play for the country.
Meanwhile, sources close to the batsman said that Yousuf agreed to make himself available for the Pakistan team after he was assured of financial compensation for cancelling his deal with the ICL.
“Yousuf made it clear that he had signed up with the ICL as he was insecure about his future as a Pakistan cricketer, and he was getting paid good money by the ICL,” The Nation quoted the source as saying.
“It was only after the board chairman (Nasim Ashraf) assured him that he would be compensated for leaving the ICL contract, and also promised him a better contract to play in the Indian Premier League that Yousuf agreed to make himself available for Pakistan,” the source added.
Yousuf had reportedly signed a contract with the ICL worth 250,000 dollars for their first season.
“The position now is that Yousuf will be compensated for the money he lost due to breaking away from the ICL and also be paid for playing in the IPL,” the source said.
According to the source, Inzamam agreed to announce his retirement after the ongoing second Test in Lahore on being assured a handsome compensation by the board. (ANI)
- Imran Farhat discontinues his ICL contract - Sep 04, 2009
- Most Pakistan players unwilling to shun ICL: Farhat - Apr 03, 2009
- Inzamam blames Yousuf absence for Pakistan's humiliating defeat - Jan 24, 2009
- Ex Pak greats horrified over PCB's 'vindictive' stance that led to Younis' 'retirement' - Mar 31, 2010
- Yousuf risks life ban to play in ICL - Nov 03, 2008
- ICL may sue Yousuf for terminating contract - Mar 27, 2009
- Inzaman, seven other Pak ICL players offered American Premier League stint - Mar 27, 2009
- Imran Farhat hopes to reclaim Pak team - Jun 14, 2009
- Farhat to quit ICL for place in national team - Aug 14, 2009
- PCB's 'harsh' decision evokes mixed response from ex-Pak cricketers - Mar 11, 2010
- Pak cricketers apprehensively sign PCB central contracts - Apr 09, 2010
- Pakistan cricketers now switch to American league - Apr 20, 2009
- Pakistan's ICL players facing bleak future - Jan 11, 2009
- PCB undecided on Yousuf's selection in national squad - Mar 28, 2009
- Inzamam says Pak should win World Cup for Woolmer - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: ashraf, assured, board chairman, breaking away, contract sources, cricketer, financial compensation, imran farhat, inzamam ul haq, ipl, lahore, nasim, pakistan cricket board, pakistan team, second test, yousuf