ICL eyes Ahmedabad stadiumJuly 16th, 2008 - 1:06 am ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, July 15 (IANS) Ahmedabad’s civic authorities Tuesday said they had received an offer from the Indian Cricket League (ICL) for upgrading and using the Sardar Patel stadium here even as ICL representative Kiran More said he was hopeful of a deal. “This is a good proposal from Kiran More to upgrade the stadium to international standards,” Ahmedabad Municipal Commissioner I.P. Gautam told mediapersons.
“This sort of arrangement has worked in Hyderabad and Gurgaon. We will study the proposal and its terms and conditions. More wants the stadium only for a month or two in a year,” he said.
More met Gautam and Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) standing committee chairman Asit Vora to discuss the proposal under which the ICL, a rebel league not recognised by the Indian cricket board, would spend Rs.70-80 million to upgrade the stadium and pay a rent to the AMC or the latter would spend on the upgrade and charge the rent from ICL.
“We just talked. It is too early to say anything,” former India wicketkeeper More told IANS.
Asked if his dream come true, More said: “I hope so.”
- Ahmedabad stadium may get Rs.100 mn makeover - Jul 23, 2008
- Amnesty for More, BCCI wants Kapil too back in fold - Jul 16, 2012
- Court halts sealing of illegal buildings in Ahmedabad - May 09, 2011
- Ahmedabad stadium to host ICL matches - Aug 28, 2008
- Women's strength in Agartala civic body increases - Apr 21, 2011
- Sehwag guides Daredevils to a six-wicket win over Royals (Lead) - Mar 16, 2010
- Australia to bat against India, Sehwag replaces Pathan - Mar 24, 2011
- Court orders provisional use of Kotla for IPL matches (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Broke Maharashtra civic body demands funds to conduct polls - Jan 04, 2012
- Knight Riders opt to bowl against Deccan Chargers - Apr 22, 2012
- Gujarat cops urged to rethink dog breeding plan - Jul 04, 2010
- Anti-encroachment drive in Ahmedabad to go on - Apr 18, 2011
- India will have lot of ground to cover - Dec 01, 2011
- World Cup: Australia to bat against Zimbabwe - Feb 21, 2011
- Court questions Gujarat on pollution - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: asit, civic authorities, committee chairman, cricket league, hyderabad, India, indian cricket board, kiran, municipal commissioner, proposal, sardar patel stadium, standing committee, wicketkeeper