ICC U-19 World Cup: Australia and South Africa set for semifinal clash (Lead)August 19th, 2012 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
Townsville (Australia), Aug 19 (IANS) Australia and South Africa continued their unbeaten run in the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup with contrasting wins in their respective quarterfinals here Sunday.
Defending champion Australia earned a hard-fought five-wicket win over Bangladesh. Aussie captain Will Bosisto led from the front as his side overcame the loss of early wickets to chase down Bangladesh’s total of 171.
South Africa, on the other hand, were clinical in their performance against England in the other quarterfinal registering a 103-run victory. South Africa’s Prenelan Subrayen was the star with the ball taking four wickets.
Australia and South Africa will now clash in the first semifinal Tuesday at the Tony Ireland Stadium here.
- ICC U-19 World Cup: Australia march into semis - Aug 19, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup Final: Australia lock horns with India (Preview) - Aug 25, 2012
- ICC U-19 World Cup: India-Pakistan clash for place in semis - Aug 19, 2012
- India win U-19 World Cup as Chand-Patel overpower Australia (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: Australia beat England by six wickets - Aug 11, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: Australia beat South Africa, enter final - Aug 21, 2012
- U-19 victory: Unmukt Chand hails team effort - Aug 26, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: India bounce back beating Zimbabwe - Aug 14, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs Australia, U-19 World Cup Final - Aug 26, 2012
- South Africa qualifies for U-19 Super League quarter-finals - Aug 15, 2012
- 16 teams named for next month's U-19 cricket World Cup - Jul 12, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: India pip Pakistan to enter semis (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: India face New Zealand for place in final (Preview) - Aug 22, 2012
- Windies beat Zimbabwe by six wickets to reach quarters - Aug 17, 2012
- U-19 World Cup: Pakistan on track for worst finish - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,