ICC to discuss India’s reservations on UDRSSeptember 21st, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, Sep 21 (IANS) International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Haroon Lorgat Wednesday said the world cricket body would discuss India’s reservations on the Umpire Decision Review System (UDRS) next month.
“Statistics show that the accuracy of umpiring decisions had improved considerably after the UDRS became operational,” Lorgat told reporters here.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has been a vocal critic of the UDRS saying it is still not fool-proof. In July, the BCCI and the ICC agreed to a compromise over the UDRS where the use of the infra-red Hot Spot technology to determine edges was accepted but the ball-tracker for leg-before decisions was rejected.
The BCCI, however, again changed its stance at Monday’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) where the board decided to reject the UDRS after the Hot Spot technology failed to accurately show edges during India’s recent disastrous tour of England.
Lorgat said that India’s stance will be taken up at its Executive Board meeting in October.
“India is entitled to its opinion. But in my view, the full system should be used. A half-way house gets you nowhere,” he said.
- UDRS not reliable, reiterates Indian cricket board - Jun 18, 2011
- Lorgat defends umpire decision review system - Mar 05, 2011
- Lbw decisions won't be reviewed in India-England series - Jul 20, 2011
- BCCI, Tendulkar want UDRS to be accurate - Jun 17, 2011
- ICC meeting recommends mandatory use of modified DRS version - Jun 27, 2011
- Hot Spot blinks, no DRS for India-England series - Oct 07, 2011
- UDRS has to be foolproof: World Cup umpires - Mar 31, 2011
- ICC accepts India's stand on UDRS - Jun 04, 2011
- Modified DRS made mandatory; BCCI agree to its use without Hawk Eye (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- BCCI accepts ICC's modified DRS version (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2011
- BCCI stands by Dhoni, complains to ICC about UDRS - Mar 02, 2011
- Sourav, Sachin differ on ODI format - Sep 22, 2011
- BCCI rejects ICC's recommendation on DRS (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 25, 2012
- Lorgat calls on cricketing world to challenge India - Jan 14, 2012
- Sehwag backs Umpires Review System - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: accuracy, agm, annual general meeting, board meeting, chief executive, colombo, compromise, decisions, england, fool proof, hot spot, india bcci, international cricket council, spot technology, statistics, umpire, vocal critic, world cricket