ICC fines Rampaul, reprimands SammyJune 24th, 2011 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kingston (Jamaica), June 24 (IANS) West Indies fast bowler Ravi Rampaul was fined 10
percent of his match fee and captain Darren Sammy was eprimanded for breaching Level 1 of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Code of Conduct Thursday during the first Test match against India here.
Rampaul was charged with showing dissent against an umpire’s decision and Sammy for his actions against the spirit of the game. Rampaul was found to have breached 2.1.3 of the code which relates to “showing dissent at an umpire’s decision” while Sammy was found to have breached 2.1.8 which deals with conduct “contrary to the spirit of the game”.
The sanctions were imposed by Match Referee Jeff Crowe and accepted by the players so there was no need for a formal hearing.
“Just like India player Amit Mishra in the first innings, Ravi stood his ground and gestured to both the umpires on being given out,” said Crowe.
“Darren, who was eventually given not out, immediately looked to influence the umpire as to where the ball struck him. It is a pity they didn’t take note of Amit’s earlier behaviour because it is clear that their actions were also in breach of the code,” he added.
All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 percent of a player’s match fee. The charge was brought by on-field umpires Ian Gould and Daryl Harper as well as third umpire Norman Malcolm and fourth official Gregory Brathwaite.
- Amit Mishra fined 10 percent of match fee - Jun 22, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, first Test (Lunch) - Jun 21, 2011
- Raina fined for showing dissent - Jun 30, 2011
- Final scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, day four, first Test - Jun 24, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, day three, first Test - Jun 23, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs West Indies, first Test - Jun 24, 2011
- Lunch scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, day one, second Test - Jun 29, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, first Test, day three - Jun 23, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, day one, first Test - Jun 21, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs. West Indies, first Test, day two - Jun 22, 2011
- McCullum reprimanded for dissent - Aug 26, 2012
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, first ODI - Jun 07, 2011
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, second ODI - Jun 09, 2011
- Lunch Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, Second Test, Day Four - Jul 02, 2011
- Pietersen reprimanded for ICC conduct breach - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: amit, brathwaite, breaches, dissent, first test, icc fines, international cricket council, jeff crowe, kingston jamaica, maximum penalty, mishra, norman malcolm, official reprimand, reprimands, sammy, spirit of the game, test match, umpire, umpires, west indies