ICC extends ’scandal-hit’ Pak’s deadline for naming World Cup squad until Jan 5December 17th, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Dec 17 (ANI): The International Cricket Council (ICC) has extended its deadline for Pakistan to name their preliminary squad of 30 players for next year’s World Cup until January 5.
ICC spokesman Samiul Hasan said that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had requested for the extension, the Daily Times reports.
On Wednesday, the integrity committee of the PCB had said that it needed more time for consideration relating to the clearance of players.
All other teams have to forward their squads to the ICC by Sunday. Starting February 19, the World Cup will be co-hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
It is noteworthy that three Pakistani players- Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were charged under Article 2 of the ICC Anti-Corruption Code on September 2, and have been provisionally suspended over “spot-fixing” charges since then. Their hearing is due next month in Doha, Qatar.
More recently, a secretly filmed video showed alleged bookmaker Mazhar Majeed boasting of connections with four other Pakistani cricketers- Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz and Imran Farhat. (ANI)
- Bookie accuses Akmal brothers, others, of spot-fixing - Dec 01, 2010
- Bookie reveals Pak players Wahab, Kamran, Umar, Imran also involved in spot-fixing - Dec 01, 2010
- No Pak player in IPL 4 auctions - Dec 07, 2010
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistan drop Riaz over spot-fixing links - Nov 21, 2011
- PCB recalls Younus to Test and T20 squads, overlooks Malik, Akmal, Yousuf - Dec 01, 2010
- Akmal brothers, Riaz named in spot-fixing trial - Oct 07, 2011
- Spot-fixing case: Pak players went out of way to entertain bookie Mazhar, reveals Najam - Jan 10, 2011
- Pakistan recall Kamran Akmal, Razzaq for World T20 - Jul 12, 2012
- Tainted Pakistan cricket trio respond to ICC notices - Sep 14, 2010
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- PCB not to suspend cricketers till investigations are over - Aug 31, 2010
- Seven Pak players ignored for South Africa series due to 'spot-fixing' scandal: Sources - Oct 09, 2010
- 'In form' Kamran, Malik disappointed over exclusion from Test, T20 squads for NZ tour - Dec 02, 2010
- Pakistan announce World Cup squad without a captain - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: amir, bangladesh, butt, corruption, hasan, integrity, international cricket council, lahore, majeed, mohammad asif, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistani cricketers, qatar, riaz, scandal, spokesman, sri lanka, umar, world cup squad