ICC confirms replacement players in West Indies squad for World CupFebruary 20th, 2011 - 7:47 pm ICT by ANI
Nagpur, Feb 20(ANI): West Indies batsman Kirk Edwards and wicketkeeper-batsman Devon Thomas have officially been cleared by the International Cricket Council (ICC) to replace injured World Cup duo Adrian Barath and Carlton Baugh.
The confirmation was conveyed to the West Indies Cricket Board on behalf of the ICC’s Event Technical Committee of the World Cup.
Any injury-based replacement requires a written submission to the event technical committee along with a diagnosis from a medical practitioner as to the extent of the injury. Once replaced, a player cannot return to the squad.
Edwards is a 26-year-old right-handed batsman who has not represented the West Indies before, while the 21-year-old Thomas has played in two ODIs.
Baugh and Barath are the ninth and 10th players to be replaced in the tournament after Ed Rainsford, Tinotenda Mawoyo and Sean Ervine of Zimbabwe, Australia’s Nathan Hauritz and Michael Hussey, Praveen Kumar of India, England’s Eoin Morgan and Sohail Tanvir of Pakistan.
As with all players in the tournament, the eligibility of a replacement player is subject to approval by the ICC before that player can be officially added to the squad.
The Event Technical Committee of the World Cup consists of David Richardson (ICC Chairman), Ratnakar Shetty (Tournament Director), Campbell Jamieson (IDI representative), Anil Kumble (host nominee), David Lloyd (independent nomination) and Sanjay Manjrekar (independent nomination). (ANI)
- Panyangara replaces Rainsford in Zimbabwe World Cup squad - Feb 17, 2011
- Bishoo to replace injured Bravo in West Indies team - Mar 01, 2011
- Dernbach replaces injured Shahzad in England World Cup squad - Mar 18, 2011
- McKay replaces injured Mills in New Zealand World Cup squad - Mar 26, 2011
- Tuffey replaces injured Bennett in New Zealand World Cup squad - Mar 20, 2011
- ICC confirms replacement of players in Oz, Indian squads for WC - Feb 08, 2011
- Adil Rashid to replace Yardy in England WC squad - Mar 24, 2011
- ICC confirms Lanka replacements for World Cup finals - Apr 01, 2011
- Hussey to replace Bollinger in Australia's World Cup squad - Mar 06, 2011
- Injuries to Baugh, Barath a set-back for West Indies: Gibson - Feb 18, 2011
- West Indies arrive for series against India - Nov 03, 2011
- Knee injury rules Dwayne Bravo out of World Cup - Feb 25, 2011
- World Cup teams: Strengths and key players - Feb 18, 2011
- Sarwan dropped from West Indies squad for third Test - Jul 04, 2011
- Barath, Rampaul recalled for 5th ODI as Gayle ignored again - Jun 15, 2011
Tags: Anil Kumble, barath, batsman, baugh, david lloyd, david richardson, devon thomas, eoin, international cricket council, michael hussey, nathan hauritz, praveen kumar, rainsford, sanjay manjrekar, sean ervine, sohail, tanvir, west indies cricket, west indies cricket board, wicketkeeper