ICC chief condemns attack on Lankan cricketers in PakistanMarch 3rd, 2009 - 2:37 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Mar 3 (ANI): International Cricket Council Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat has condemned the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Pakistan.
We note with dismay and regret the events of this morning in Lahore and we condemn this attack without reservation.
It is a source of great sadness that there have been a number of fatalities in this attack and it is also very upsetting for the wider cricket family that some of the Sri Lanka players and one match official have been injured in this attack, Lorgat said.
At this time our thoughts and prayers are with the injured people and also the families of those who have died, he said.
I have confirmed with both Member Boards that the remainder of the tour has been cancelled and we are working hard to get our match officials out of the area as safely and as quickly as possible. I know, also, that the Pakistan Cricket Board is working with Sri Lanka Cricket to make sure the players are flown home at the earliest opportunity, Lorgat said
Until the full facts of the incident are established and the players and match officials have returned home safely, the ICC will make no further comment. (ANI)
- There will be serious repercussions: ICC - Mar 03, 2009
- ECB chief offers to help Pakistan, but ICC yet to give backing - Sep 03, 2010
- Attack in Lahore shocks cricket world (Lead) - Mar 03, 2009
- Sri Lanka to end Pakistan's cricketing isolation with October series in country - Feb 25, 2011
- Sri Lanka cricket appoints Lorgat as advisor - Jul 31, 2012
- Pakistan tour: Bangladesh Cricket Board satisfied with security - Mar 05, 2012
- Pakistan's cricketing isolation can end in October - Feb 24, 2011
- Pakistan to face Sri Lanka and England in UAE - Jun 21, 2011
- Pakistan want to host ICC event in 2018 - Jun 30, 2011
- ICC working with PCB and Haider to probe 'fixing death threat' incident: Lorgat - Nov 11, 2010
- UAE offers to stage Pak's upcoming 'home series' against Sri Lanka and England - Oct 29, 2010
- ICC rules out window for IPL in FTP - Jun 13, 2012
- Sri Lanka's Pakistan tour awaiting clearances - Mar 28, 2011
- Lorgat denies making statement over Pak security: PCB - Dec 23, 2008
- Tendulkar named ICC's ambassador for 2011 World Cup - Nov 11, 2010
Tags: chief condemns attack, dismay, dubai, haroon lorgat, international cricket council, lahore, match, member boards, pakistan cricket board, remainder, sadness, sri lanka cricket, sri lankan cricketers, thoughts and prayers